「 i'm set free 」

[ VOLUME FOUR ]

CHAPTER EIGHTY-TWO;
i'm set free

[ JULY SEVENTH, 96' ]

No one in particular,

♱

'It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
I could put my arms around every girl I choose
But it just reminds me of you
I went to the doctor and guess what he told me
He said, "Boy, you better try to have fun
no matter what you do." But he's a fool

I said nothing can take away these blues
'Cause nothing compares
Nothing compares to you
All the flowers that you planted, mama
in your back yard
All died when you went away
I know that living with me, baby, is sometimes hard
But I'm willing to give it another try...'

      Hera Potter knew she was going to be remembered.
There wasn't always an explanation for it, she seldom had control over much else than the narrative put out but it made a difference. She could be remembered for something bigger than the things she already had going for her — even life itself.

It had been just three days since waking up and Hera was growing gently bored with the hospital.
Between the ten different types of potions she was supposed to take every day, Hera had given a lot of thought to her legacy and how she might choose to unveil herself.
The prospect wasn't so far away when already her healers were talking about release.

This too was only to be disturbed by the reporters hounding visitors from outside the building. For a moment Hera questioned the legality behind it — surely they could compromise the Statute of Wizarding Secrecy? — but then remembered at least half the reporters would've been from the Ministry.

Not once had Sirius failed to visit her in the days since, the most recent of which he read the newspaper to her, proving both cathartic and cause for annoyance:

     In a brief statement Friday night, Minister of Magic Cornelius Fudge confirmed that He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named has returned to this country and is active once more.

"It is with great regret that I must confirm that the wizard styling himself Lord — well, you know who I mean — is alive and among us again, " said Fudge, looking tired and flustered as he addressed reporters. "It is with almost equal regret that we report the mass revolt of the dementors of Azkaban, who have shown themselves averse to continuing in the Ministry's employ. We believe that the dementors are currently taking direction from Lord — We urge the magical population to remain vigilant. The Ministry is currently publishing guides to elementary home and personal defence that will be delivered free of charge to all Wizarding homes within the coming month. "