Chapter 19: Revelation

He was silent. No word spoken. So was the man, completely calm and neglected with the handgun still pointed to his head. He stared at West's face. West did the same. Normally, he was never in this position. It was usually the opposite. He knew how to handle the situation, but he had to be careful, a wrong move could prove fatal. He shouldn't directly go for the attack in this situation. No, its too risky. He needs to talk first, pull him out a bit. So, that is what he was going to do.

"Here I thought we were on the same side." He spoke.

"You thought wrong." West emphasized on the 'thought'.

He didn't say anything.

"Who are you?" The man asked unimpressed.

"Tommy." He replied.

"Cut the crap, who are you really?" West said angrily. "You look like him, you kinda sound like him. You don't speak like him and Tommy doesn't like a sniper rifle. So, tell me the truth."

He still kept quiet.

"You..." The man's eyes went wide as he trailed off. "You're Andrew, his brother." He said this in almost a whisper.

He knew his name; His brother told his name to a man who owns an illegal shooting range covered up by an old gas station and convenient store. His real name used to be Andrew Miller. Now he is Andrew Beckett. He had to kill him, there was no way he was going to let him live. The confusing thing is, he didn't know who this man was before. But somehow his brother knew him. Another thing that confused him was that why didn't his brother tell his own real name to the man, but used a fake one. What did he do and what was he planning to do?

"You're supposed to dead?" The man said, his eyes still wide.

"How did I die then?" He was simply curious as what his brother would have said to the man.

"You died in a fire. There was gas leak. Tommy said there was a gas leak." West answered.

It was partially a lie.

This was his chance.

He quickly lunged forward and pulled his right leg. The man fell back, hitting his head on floor hard. Very hard. The man became unconscious. He checked for a pulse. It was a positive. Not for long though. This man had to be killed. He took the hand gun out of his hand and aimed it at the man's unconscious head. He pulled the trigger without hesitation and the bullet went forward as the casing went towards the ground. There was now a perfect whole on the man's forehead. He put the handgun in his pocket and then took a cloth of his pocket and wiped the whole gun down, clearing the fingerprints.

He picked up the gun with the cloth and walked to the room where all the guns were kept and placed it in the same exact place where it was. In the same exact position. He knew there were no cameras, he had noticed this when he entered the place.

Without a second glance or hesitation he walked out.

Just like that Rober Lowry or rather Andrew Beckett was never here.

***

Two minutes till the hour strikes. He kept checking his watch. He was outside his own house in the car.

His old house.

There were no police nor people gathered. No one has come to check in on them. Andrew Beckett was still in his mission mode. The fact that he killed a person unofficially doesn't change that. He must achieve what he set out to do. For his mother. No, for him. It was all for him. The thing was, he was actually declared dead to the public. That made him harder to lie. Harder to do his job. He has physical evidence that he was 'not Andrew Miller' but 'Robert Lowry.'