proposal (techno)

Requested by crossxskies pls enjoy <333

"You got dressed up today..." you raised an eyebrow as he joined you in the bathroom, adjusting his tie-something he usually never wore on a date.

Scratch that, he usually never wore a full suit, just a shirt and dress pants.

Something was going on...

Laughing and shaking his head, he sprayed his cologne onto his neck, pointing to your matching perfume that was next to it. "Wear that one today, if you wouldn't mind." Furrowing your brow, you listened to him, watching his every movement as you spritzed your neck with it, rolling your eyes when he just laughed at you again. He stood behind you, draping cool metal around your neck, fastening the chain of the necklace with a smile.

You lifted it up to your eye, smiling when you saw it was the necklace he had given you from your birthday, the date you got together etched into the corner.

"So is there an occasion I'm forgetting? Because you seem really enthusiastic today, which is weird for you-no offence, obviously."

He tutted a little, walking out of the bathroom and completely ignoring your question, going to put on his shoes, which were new and shiny, not the usual slightly worn out dress shoes from maybe four years ago. Watching him tie the shoelaces more delicately than you'd ever done before, you joined him, slipping on your shoes, feeling more dread than suspicion.

Was there actually something you'd forgotten?

Fidgeting anxiously with your fingers, you jolted when a hand came to rest at your shoulder, looking up to see Techno smiling softly down at you. In his other hand was your bag, and you took it, offering a shaky smile in return.

"Let's go."

~~~

You walked in, keeping close to Techno and holding onto his arm, staring around in awe. He had really outdone himself-the restaurant had a reception rather than tables scattered about everywhere, where you would come to reserve private rooms. Private rooms to have gourmet food delivered to you...

This was definitely a new experience.

Techno spoke to the receptionist, confirming a reservation and sharing a look with the staff there, who all then gave you a quick glance. It was almost like there was a giant secret you weren't in on.

Sighing, you ignored it, instead gazing at the fish tank by the elevator, swarms of tropical fish glittering in between seaweed, some even coming to the front of the tank as if to say hi. You smiled at it, before being led into the elevator itself, the interior somehow shining, perfectly polished to the point where you could see your own reflection on the walls.

"Techno..." you whispered, even though no one was there. "How much was this place?"

"Don't worry about it." Was his answer, and before you could challenge that, the elevator dinged, indicating you had reached your room. He unlocked the door to your private room-just like you would at a hotel, but it was literally a room for you to eat-and guided you in, being a "true gentleman".

Sitting down at the table, you eyed the expensive-looking stuff on the table (even the cutlery looked more expensive than you, ornate patterns carved into the metal), too scared to touch anything in case you dropped it.

"You order by using this." He tapped on a screen next to him. "And, by the way...my treat."

~~~

Watching as a waiter slid a place of cake in front of you, Techno waved him away quickly, tapping on the table anxiously. You rested your elbows on the table-bad manners, but no one was there to watch you anyway-and sighed in contentment, a little sad that it was finally over. You would probably never have food this expensive ever again.

And just by looking at the cake, you knew it would probably be the best cake you'd ever try.

Right before you were about to take a bite, Techno coughed nervously, standing up from his seat, fiddling with his suit. You frowned, watching him take a few steps closer, grab something from his pocket that looked like a small box, fall down to one knee and-

"No..." you said, voice wobbling. It couldn't be. He couldn't be.

"Y/N. You deserve the best in this world, and I want to be that for you. Will you marry me?"

Sniffing, you nodded, holding out your hand so he could slide the ring on, hand trembling. Suddenly everything made sense-the secretiveness, the matching perfumes, him dressing up, the staff being weird-

He must've planned this for months.

The ring glinted in the light, gems embedded into silver glittering as you held it up so you could see it better. It was in the shape of a crown, small lettering barely visible on the band, so small that you had to squint to see it.

"My...queen? Oh, Techno..." You sniffled again, standing up on shaky legs, letting him wrap his arms around you in a tight hug. He took your hand, kissing your ring finger.

"Because you've always been there for me, at my side...you are my queen. And I want to-" he paused, turning his head away from you, blinking rapidly at the ceiling. Letting out a wobbly giggle, you laced your fingers with his, pulling him close.

"Of course I will, oh my god, of course, I'll marry you."

You glanced at the ring again, holding it up to the light to just stare at it. Techno kissed your hand again, holding it there for a few seconds with his eyes closed, mouth curling up into a smile.

It was all worth it.

(A/N-if my proposal isn't like this

(A/N-if my proposal isn't like this...)