𝟒. 𝐈 𝐃𝐎𝐍'𝐓 𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐄, 𝐈'𝐌 𝐃𝐎𝐖𝐍 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐖𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐖𝐀𝐍𝐓

y/n's pov.

it had been about an hour since the gas station event, and we were approximately in ferndale by now with my guess. only about 9 more hours to go, at least without traffic.

i couldn't wait for a long car drive filled with tension so thick you could cut it with a knife.

i felt so ashamed of myself for what had happened. it was already embarrassing enough to be scolded in front of a crowd, plus to be yelled at like i'm a little child. 

it's like i can't escape the burden of being trapped by somebody else's control and any time i do escape i just screw it up.

and i know it was stupid of me to take that risk by going into the gas station but to be fair, i had some.... lady issues.

issues that my father had always told me was to never be discussed in front of anyone else other than myself.

so i just assumed i would handle it my self but now that i look back on it, i should have just asked miles to get the stuff for me. then i probably wouldn't be in this mess... quite literally.

but... even though he's a total douche and blew things way out of proportion, i'm going to apologize anyways because i can be a nice bitch.

"miles..." i softly catch his attention, my voice soar from crying.

he side eyed me and then put his attention back onto the road, "what?"

"i'm sorry for going inside the store. it was stupid of me and very hazardous."

he nods in agreement with my words, although i can tell he's sort of surprised i apologized.

i take a deep breath and continue on, "uh, but.. um- i needed tampons."

his breath hitched at my bold confession, he turned his whole head to look at me and then sighed, "you should've told me."

"it's humiliating to say." i wish i had normalized periods but when you grow up surrounding yourself with toxic men who don't give a shit, it sure does not help your comfort.

he clicked his tongue and checked the gps, "there's a rite aid by the bank we were supposed to go to."

i nod my head in remembrance of the money i owe him.

"you feeling alright to stop by over there or do you wanna wait a little longer?" he asks with concern.

i was confused by how his mood had changed so quick with only an hour of time. obviously, he had calmed down by now and was no longer livid but i still was apprehensive of his sudden gentle tone.

"i'm feeling okay to go stop by there... that way we can get the whole money situation out of the way." i answer, my voice fast.

he nods before i can hear him gulp out of nervousness, he turned to look at me again with sincerity in his eyes.

"i- i'm... sorry- for yelling at you." he stutters as words spewed from his mouth.

i give a thin smile at him and avoid eye contact. i quietly chuckled before questioning, "did my tiny dick statement insult you?"

he lets out the breath he was holding and also chuckles, gently shaking his head he replies, "no, it doesn't. 1, 'cause it wasn't relevant. 2, 'cause it's not true."

"now that's debatable." i snicker.

"what?" he smirks, "your fiance has a lot to say about that?"

i roll my eyes and hold back a laugh as i watch him pull up into the shopping center of the bank and rite aid. i gather my debit card out of my wallet and unbuckle myself as he parked.