𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

y/n's pov.

i knew this was my fate so i couldn't even be surprised. but by the look on miles's face i could tell he was bewildered.

i saw as he finally understood what had happened and his eyes stared into mine.

tears were falling left and right as the officers held me tightly, "miles, i swear, you have to believe me. it wasn't my fault."

i lean forward while telling miles this but the officer pulled me back towards him.

miles was now softly crying, begging the officers to let me go.

"sir, i'm afraid she has to be taken in for questioning."

"ain't she the mayor's daughter that went missing?" another officer asked.

i jab into the conversation as i frustratingly spoke, "i wasn't missing, i ran away myself. it's nobody's fault except my own."

"are you sure miss? this man had nothing to do with taking you?"

i slowly nod my head, "he has absolutely nothing to do with it."

"or with the murder of your fiance?"

i nod my head once again as i avoid eye contact from everyone.

miles was away now with the rest of the crowd as i was by the hotel entrance, waiting for myself to be placed into a cop car.

no matter what happened i just wanted miles to stay out of it.

he deserves to live his life, get a therapist, and see his sister.

not go to jail for something that was my fault.

this was a sacrifice i was willing to make even if it meant i could never see him again.

look at the bright side, i was finally doing something on my own for once.

is this the independence you wanted y/n? because you sure as hell got it.

i also knew how the system worked. there's no way in hell anybody would believe me.

you hear shit like that all the time.

'woman who kills abuser gets life in prison!'

there's no hope for me and i honestly was too fucking tired and depressed to even try.

plus, i had just ran away from my rich father and rich fiance. how did that make me look? it was not helping my case.

i accepted my fate.

"ma'am do you have anything else to say for yourself?" an officer questions.

"no."

"alright, load her in the car."

they starts to take me away from the scene, before i exited the doors i glanced back at miles one last time.

the powerless expression on his face stabbed into my soul and it pained me to even look at him.

i tried to hold myself back from sobbing again as i was taken out of the hotel.

and that was the last time i saw miles fairchild.