𝟕. '𝐂𝐀𝐔𝐒𝐄 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐃𝐑𝐘 𝐌𝐘 𝐓𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐒

y/n's pov.

i awoke to the bright natural light seeping through the car. i rubbed my eyes to shield me from the sun. i reached out, expecting miles to be right besides me but all i found was a car seat that was fully shifted up.

"mornin' sleeping beauty." miles quirked as he sat in the drivers seat, putting random stuff he had away in the drawer.

i sat all the way up and reclined my chair back forwards, i was still half asleep and in a mood while doing this.

"how's your leg feel?" miles asked me.

i speak with a groggy voice, "it's fine, i guess."

he closed his drawer up and brushed the hair strands out of my face, "tell me if it starts to hurt or anything, okay?"

i still had an annoyed expression because i wasn't typically a morning person, but i just softly nodded.

"you sleep alright?" he asks me while he grabs a different jacket of his (not the ripped one) and places it onto him along with the gun in his pocket.

"is that quint's?" i question.

he looks down into his jacket pocket and slowly nods, "yeah, it's his."

i give a skeptical look at the weapon and my body starts to tingle with nervousness.

miles sighed, "look, it's better in my hands then his."

i agreed with him, he was right. if this quint man caused danger then it would most likely be in better hands with miles. i just didn't want him to be stupid with it and get us caught. i just had to keep my faith with him.

"okay, how about we stop at a drive thru place right now and then hit the road? i wanna make it past central cal' without any interruptions." he explains to me.

i only nod my head to reply.

he was right. it had already been a day and we weren't even passed san francisco yet, we kept getting too distracted and we'd never get to la if we keep doing that.

after about 4 hours of driving and a mcdonalds food stop, miles decided it was best to stop for another pit stop.

we were in the town of patterson now, which was further away from central california.

the only problem with the pit stop is that we aren't stopping at any gas station, we're stopping at a bar.

in miles's words it's just to 'refresh' us. he promised he wouldn't drink and i wouldn't be able to drink anyways because i'm underage and this isn't a local bar.

the bar was surprisingly busy so i just wanted to get in and out.

miles waited inside in the main area while i went to use the restroom.

after i did my business i washed my hands, when someone opened the door to the bathroom i saw a glimpse of inside the bar.

and my eyes fell on a pair i did not want to see.

it was quint's.

somehow he followed us here as well.

just great.

i nervously gulp as i finish up and then run out of the bathroom to find miles, still maintaining a low profile while i go out.

i found him standing dangerously close at the bar counter on a stool, he wasn't drinking but it seems like he was temped to.

i shook off my suspicions and ran over to him.

i tugged on his sleeve and softly whimpered out of fear, "miles.."