~Chapter 5~

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"Stop whining and drink it." He held up the spoon of the medicine to her mouth, trying to get her to open her mouth.
"But it's bitter as fuck, I don't want thattttt."
"Medicine should be bitter, just do it. You'll feel better after that."
"Nooooo."
"Y/n, you have a fever, open your mouth."
"Make me." That's it.
"Gladly." A pair of hands appeared out of nowhere and held her mouth open, she tried to get away but another pair held her in the place as XD shoved the spoon at her mouth, shutting it. "Swallow it, now." She obliged, wincing at the bitter taste. Y/n's cheeks heated up, she avoided his gaze.
"I hate you." She choked out, coughing as the sets of arms disappeared into thin air. A low chuckle rumbled up from his chest, his face splitting into a smile.
"I know damn well that you don't."
"Shut up." Y/n pouted, laying down and watching as Patches hopped on to her stomach, curling up in a ball. "Lay down." He obliged, dropping down next to Y/n with a soft sigh. Patches started purring as soon as Y/n began stroking her head with her fingers.
"She began to take more liking to you, hm?"
"I guess. Well, of course. Everyone loves me." Y/n grinned cockily.
"They sure do." There was a hint of sarcasm in his voice.
"Well at least I have you." He looked down at her figure.

"Correct, you have me. I'd never abandon you." It drew a pleased hum from Y/n.
"Such a simp." She split into lopsided grin. He reached out his hand and placed it on her forehead, to feel the temperature.
"You're still burning..."
"I'll be fine-"
"You've been telling me that for days and you didn't feel any better." He cut her off.
"Don't be paranoid, XD." The medicine started kicking in, her eyes feeling heavy. She yawned and he removed his hand. "Don't. Your hand is so warm." Y/n grabbed his wrist and placed his hand back on her forehead. A quiet sigh escaped XD's lips, as she began drifting off to sleep. A soft golden glow emitted from his hand, engulfing Y/n's body, and disappeared quickly. DreamXD used his healing powers on her. She'll feel better after this nap. He brushed his thumb along her soft cheek, getting her to unconsciously lean into touch. A small smile played on his lips as he gently massaged her cheek with his other hand, chuckling to himself. He let his wing rest of her lap next to Patches and got more comfortable. The God summoned his screens, watching what's going on the SMP, seeing Quackity with Foolish and Purpled. He didn't like Quackity. Not at all. He was just like Dream but worse actually. But again, he couldn't interfere the flow of the events.

--------------------------------------------------------------

"Feeling better just yet?" XD asked Y/n as  she stifled a yawn, sitting up and stretching. Patches was gone already, he fed her and now she was in any dark corner of the house.
"Mmmm morning, XD. I'm feeling refreshed."
"It's not morning, but I'm glad you're finally feeling better. Wash up, I got you some food." She nodded, lifting to her feet and walking to the bathroom. He got the table ready, placing the plates with food on. XD got the tea ready and sat down, waiting for Y/n.
"Never imagined a literal God to serve the mere human." Y/n teased after exiting the bathroom and plopping down next to him.

"Well, I will stop if you want. I'm just doing this all because you said it was my fault that you got sick. I gotta make it up to you."
"Are you- are you for real? Dude, I was kidding." The God clearly stiffened.
"You-" The god let out the sigh. "Damn you."
"I just noticed that you don't cuss..." She quickly changed the topic, taking a bite from the steak.
"The gods do not cuss."
"Why not?"
"It's just- weird. A holy being is not supposed to cuss."
"Does it mean that Foolish doesn't cuss as well?"
"Correct. By the way how does it taste?"
"It tastes really amazing. But I can tell that you didn't cook it."
"Because I can't cook. You should teach me."
"One day, maybe. Where's Patches?"
"She ate and went somewhere, I don't know. Even if she gets lost, I'll be able to find her, don't worry."
"Good." She took a sip from her tea, humming. "You ate anything?" A shake of head in response.
"I'm not feeling hungry."
"Just be sure to tell me if you're feeling hungry. I'll cook you something."
"Thanks. I will take a shower now. You don't feel like using bathroom, do you?"
"Nah, you're free to shower." XD nodded.