~Chapter 10~

Art above is not mine, it belongs to Sper on Instagram

A/n: Kinda rushed, I apologize.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"What's wrong, XD? You're spacing out." Y/n questioned the God, who was too busy staring at nowhere for past 5 minutes. He snapped back to reality due to her voice.
"Oh, uh, it's nothing. I'm just thinking about some things, nothing serious. Don't worry." The Protector answered, shaking his head.
"You know, if something is bothering you, I'm here to talk, alright? You can tell me." She reassured him.
"Thank you. It's nothing, really." She decided to shrug it off. I mean, he has a lot to think about. It's tough to be a God. They sat in comfortable silence till XD summoned some kind of book and started reading it.

"Whatcha reading?"
"Ancient book. You wouldn't understand the ancient language."
"Is it like...enhancement table language?" She questioned, with a tilt of her head.
"Yeah. It's the language of Gods."
"Ohh, sounds interesting." Y/n smiled, taking a peek at his book.
"Don't, your brain might take the damage. This language is not for mortals-"
"I'll be fine jeez, don't worry."

-˧੭⟍̅ᓭ ∷ᒷᓭ¦⟍̅ᒷ⟍̅ ⅂⍑ᒷ ᓭɾ⌇∷ᒷ⟍̅ ꖎɾ⧶⟍̅, ꖌᒷⅰ!⅂ ¦⅂ ⚍⧶⟍̅ᒷ∷ ⅂⍑ᒷ¦∷ ⍑੭ꖎǁ ⅰ!∷੭⅂ᒷ⌇⅂¦੭⧶.₋. ⅂⍑ᒷǁ ∴ɾ⅂⌇⍑ᒷ⟍̅ ɾᓭ ⍑⚍ᒲɾ⧶ᓭ ᓭ⅂ɾ∷⅂ᒷ⟍̅ ∷ᒷᓭ¦⟍̅¦⧶˧ ⅂⍑ᒷ¦∷ ꖎɾ⧶⟍̅, ⚍⧶⅂¦ꖎ ੭⧶ᒷ ⟍̅ɾǁ, ɾ ∴ɾ∷ ⦣∷੭ꖌᒷ ꖎ੭੭ᓭᒷ.₋. ɾ ∴ɾ∷ ⎓੭∷ ⅰ!੭∴ᒷ∷, ꖎɾ⧶⟍̅ ɾ⧶⟍̅ ⌇੭⧶⅂∷੭ꖎ.₋. ⅂⍑ᒷ ⎓¦∷ᓭ⅂ ∴ɾ∷ ੭⎓ ⅂⍑ᒷ ᓭᒲⅰ!.₋.-

Jeez. She couldn't read it but her eyes hurt somehow. She rubbed her eyes, blinking rapidly.
"Are you okay?" The God questioned, looking up from the book.
"Yeah- it's just my eyes hurt a little."
"I told you to not read." XD huffed,  Let me fix it." Before she could ask what he meant, he replaced her hand with his, closing her eyes himself. She remained silent, letting him do whatever he wants. She felt the warmth of his hand spread on her face, a soft golden light he used on her the other day emitting from his hand, glowing around her head. He retracted his hand from her eyes after a moment. "You can open your eyes." She did so, blinking. The ache disappeared. Did he-
"You used your healing or something on me?"

"Correct." He hummed, now planting his hand on the top of her head and ruffling her hair. "It doesn't hurt anymore, right?"
"Nah. Thank you." He just smiled and got back to reading his book as Y/n snuggled up by his side. Moments later Patches hopped on the couch, getting on the girl's lap and falling asleep there while Y/n stroked the kitten's fur, lulling her to sleep.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Weeks passed, more wars, more bloodshed, more death, more pain. But XD never allowed Y/n to participate in them. Techno visited the duo sometimes and when Y/n's attention was focused on Techno, XD would get pouty. He would be jealous of course. Because she paid more attention to Techno at that time, while he was left behind. But she'd make it up to him by cuddling with him for the rest of the day. Techno would always cringe looking at these two lovebirds. Ah yes, George also visited them once, just to take a look at his old 'friend'. XD didn't mind anyway. He was glad to see George as lively as before. They chatted for a while, until it got dark and George had to return back home. Right now, Y/n and XD were outside, she was playing with snow as XD just watched her. He heard Patches meow from behind the door and turned around, Y/n took this opportunity and threw a snowball at him, right on the back of his head. He stiffened, slowly turning his head to glare at her.

"Just you wait." He warned, going inside to check why Patches meowed. It was...A fox on the other side of the window where Patches sat. Sighing to himself, he let them be, returning to Y/n that threw another snowball at him just as he exited the cabin. Y/n giggled, preparing another snowball to throw at him. But he was faster this time, pinning her down on the snowy ground, hovering over her. He didn't waste any time and summoned a bunch snowballs out of nowhere, ready to crash them down at her. Of course it was just to scare her, he'd never do it.
"WHAT THE HELL, XD, NO-" She squealed, trying to get out of his iron grip, with no luck. XD chuckled, freeing her as the snowballs disappeared. He sat down on the ground next to her, as she sat up. "You asshole."

"You asked for it." He shrugged, glancing down at her as she hit his shoulder lightly.
"Does it hurt at least?"
"Not really. You're just weak- Ow." She punched him harder this time. XD glared at the h/c girl next to him, as she smiled proudly.
"Who's weak now?"
"Still you." XD teased, gaining an eye roll from the h/c girl. They sat in comfortable silence for a while, watching the enhanced forest around them. It was magical. It's trees, it's snow that had some kind of mysterious glitter to it, it's habitants, it's atmosphere. Everything about it was breathtaking. That's why Y/n built her home here, in the midst of the enhanced forest. When she first saw it, she fell in love with it and never regretted building her house away from everyone. She felt his hand touch hers, that was on the snow. She looked up at him, but he wasn't looking. She spilt into a small smile and grabbed his hand, holding it so the both could warm up a little. XD breathed out, smiling as well. What a simp. He glanced at her briefly, breath hitching at the sight. Her cheeks were flushed due to the cold, a gentle smile playing on her lips, e/c eyes half-lidded, staring at the distance as her h/,c hair danced on the cold wind. A breathtaking view.

"Hey Y/n?"
"What is it?"
"You're pretty." He grinned, smug, behind the mask. She rolled her eyes despite the smile widening on her lips.
"I know I am. But thanks. You're not that bad too." He remained silent, still not able to take his eyes away from her face. "You're staring."
"I can't help it."
"Simp."
"Only for you." He countered her statement.
"You're unbearable sometimes. Can we go inside? I'm cold."
"Sure thing, let's go." He stood up, offering her a hand and she accepted it, he pulled her to her feet effortlessly. They headed inside, as his warm hand warmed her hand up. She demanded cuddles and who is he to deny her request? Of course he obliged, he was more than happy to do so. He kept her cold body warm, adding even more heat by his wings that served them as a blanket, as they sat next to the fireplace. The h/c girl fell asleep in his arms.

--------------------------------------------------------------

"Hey XD."
"Hmm?"
"I wanna be with you. Forever."

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

A/n: Hush. Lemme do what I should. I promise, I won't disappoint you guys. The next chapter is about to get pretty interesting, hehe ;)