~Chapter 9~

CW: making out (?), well, not really but kissing in general

A/n: Also I'm sorry for the late update, it got delayed since my family and I went for a small trip, I hated it :D thank you sm for 7k!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

XD woke up in the bed alone. Y/n wasn't next to him. For a moment, he panicked, but the panic immediately settled down as he sensed her presence in the kitchen. He breathed out a sigh of relief, rising to his feet and getting his mask and putting his mask on. He exited her room, walking to the kitchen to take a look at her. She was peeling some potatoes off their skin. He silently walked up to her, placing his chin on the top of her head, surprising her.
"Oh, hello XD. Did you sleep well?"
"Mmm, yeah. You need help with this?"
"Not really, but if you want to help, then sure."
"I'd love to."
"Then watch, you can try after watching." He hummed, watching her clean potatoes.

"Let me try." Y/n nodded, passing him the knife and some potatoes. He took them from her, a set of arms holding the potatoes while he handled with one. His brows knitted together, he bit his lower lip, trying to peel off the skin, he was doing good, she had to admit. He cleaned the first potato, proceeding with the second one as she watched.
"Careful. Do it slower, your movements shouldn't be jerky and fast." She stated when he almost cut his hand, gaining a nod from him. Both combined their efforts to fry the potatoes and it went very well. Y/n also decided to fry some meat for Patches but XD waved her off, telling her that he will do it himself. He wanted to try it himself. Without her help. She was hesitant at first, but agreed eventually. But still watched over him in case anything goes wrong. Everything was going fine, although XD almost spilled out the burning oil on himself, almost. Don't underestimate the God, he of course stopped the pan. He managed to cook the mutton without any problems eventually with her watching over him. She fed him fries while he cooked, he liked it.

"I demand my reward."
"What do you want?"
"A kiss." Her breath caught in her throat, a blush creeping up on her cheeks, painting them rosy. She got on her tiptoes, he leaned down to her, as she pressed her soft lips on the cool material of his mask, where his cheeks would be. He stood there, dumbfounded, processing this. "Is this a kiss..?" He questioned, lost. Y/n laughed lightly at his reaction.
"Yes it is."
"But I want different kiss. Like before."
"Hm, I'll consider it." Y/n grinned despite her blush, gaining a frown from him. Teasing him was always fun.
"Oh come on." She giggled lightly.
"Okay fine. How about I...teach you how to kiss properly?" The h/c girl offered.
"You're telling that I didn't kiss you properly back then?" He questioned with the slight tilt of his head.
"Not really."
"Oh..."

"Let me show you." Before he could reply, she got on her tiptoes, lifting his mask up, pressing her lips against his in a soft kiss. He didn't move as she expected. So she did it herself. Her lips slowly moved against his, XD decided to repeat the action, falling into a sync, their lips moving perfectly against each other in a synchronisation. Y/n smiled against his lips before pulling away. "Just like this." He was a fast learner.
"Thank you for showing me." He hummed, before taking off his mask and pulling the girl closer to himself by the waist and kissing her cheek just like she did that to him before. But it got more effect on her than on him, her face warming up and a small but adorable frown ghosting her facial features.

"You tease." She mumbled as he pulled away. He laughed lightly but ultimately leaned down and pecked her lips but before he could pull away, she grabbed him by his robe, holding him in the place and kissing him. His breath hitched but he kissed back instantly, a little clumsily but still pretty well. She hummed against his lips, pleased. "You're getting better at this, XD." She spoke as she broke the kiss.
"Well, I guess I have a pretty skilled teacher then." He grinned down at her. She let go of his mask, letting it hit his face. "Ow." He mumbled, letting her go and rubbing his face under his mask.
"Come on, let's feed Patches."
"Oh yeah, right." He nodded, getting the plate with cooked mutton on it.

"Patches, come here, you have to eat!" He raised his voice a little and the cat came running into the kitchen moments later. He fed her.
"Damn, it got cold." Y/n whined, cringing as she ate the cold fries.
"Oh that's not a problem. Let me warm it up." With a flick of his hand, the fries got heated again. Her eyes lit up as she flashed him a grateful smile and he just nodded, a small smile playing on his lips. "Would you want ketchup? I can get you some if you want."
"I don't mind. I'd be grateful." The can of ketchup formed out of thin air next to the plate of fries. She opened the pan, getting some ketchup on her plate, trying one fry with ketchup. It was delicious. "Thank you, XD! I really like it."
"Glad that you like it, little one. No need to thank me."

--------------------------------------------------------------

Later Foolish spoke to him through telepathy once again, asking different questions. He even asked if XD was in love with Y/n and his answer was of course positive. And she liked him back so everything was fine. For now of course. Well, let's say that Foolish was happy for them but still warned him about the consequences. XD didn't care though. He'd give her enough time to decide, he knew it required her some time to think carefully about this. And he'd do his best to make her feel happy, just to get her stay by his side, choose him. He wanted her with him, Y/n was his everything, he didn't want to let her go. He wanted to be with her forever. Be a deity just like him. But again, what if anything goes wrong? If she dies...she won't respawn. She'll be gone forever. Was it... really worth it? If he lost her, he'd be heartbroken. The God didn't want that. He was conflicted, he didn't really know what he wanted. Guess it wasn't just Y/n who needed some time to think about this all.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<