-6-

ranboo POV:

they were in the waiting room. this time there were practically no groups as most of the school got kicked. after today there will be 40 groups and then 20 final groups who will compete in the final stage. we went from 320 groups to 80 in just a few weeks. and we will go down to TWENTY! the dream team were still in the competition and they were incredibly proud of themselves but honestly so were we.

we thought all the try hards got cut but they brought a whole CHOIR!! A FUCKING CHOIR TO A SCHOOL COMPETITION? why? just why?

we were performing teenage dirtbag and honestly i had never been more excited for a performance. i knew this song was good. but if we made it to the next round then we would have to write an alt/indie song and then another song. thats two songs written by us in the span of a month! and we had to think about the two performances because it wouldnt just be infront of the teachers. clearly the other groups cared alot about the performance but all we focused on was the music. i mean thats hwy we were all here right?.

as the groups went in we got more nervous by the second. it was terrifying. i mean one wrong move and BOOM. no more competition and we go back to having nothing to work towards. what would even happen after the competition? we go back to our cliques? we continue music?

i got pulled out of my trance as Mr. Blade called us in.

"i think you know the drill by now. whenever youre ready!"

as me and tommy played the first few seconds of the song you could tell all three teachers already knew the song. i mean for goodness sake wilbur practically yelped in joy after he found out what song we were doing.

"Her name is Noelle

I have a dream about herShe rings my bellI got gym class in half an hourOh how she rocks in Keds and tube socksbut she doesn't know who I amAnd she doesn't give a damn about me"

tubbos singing was flawless as always. he hit every note and stayed on key the entire time. tommy kept us on beat with his great drumming and i didnt mess up which was, as tommy would say, pog!

"Cause I'm just a teenage dirtbag baby
Yeah I'm just a teenage dirtbag baby
Listen to Iron Maiden maybe. With you
Ooohoo Hoo Hooooooo"

for once Mr. Blade didnt hide his enjoyment. it was bopping his head the whole shaboom shabam. he was officially ranboozled.

"Her boyfriend's a dick
He brings a gun to school
and he'd simply kick
my ass if he knew the truth
He lives on my block
and he drives an I Rock
But he doesn't know who I am
and he doesn't give a damn about me"

Mr. Soot was even singing along with tubbo. im not sure if that was allowed considering he was supposed to judge but i dont think tubbo mind. in fact i think it helped calm him down a bit as he really started to get into it and feel more free. i mean you could see it on his face.

"Cause I'm just a teenage dirtbag baby
Yeah I'm just a teenage dirtbag baby
Listen to Iron Maiden maybe. With you
Ooohoo Hoo Hooooooo"

all the teachers (expect Mr. Blade) were up on their feet doing hand gestures. they looked as though there were in those cliche clips in movies where the girl plays music and sings into the mirror with a brush as a microphone. it was hilarous. of course i kept a straight face but it was so difficult.

"Oh yeah, Dirtbag

No, she doesn't know what she's missinOh yeah, DirtbagNo, she doesn't know what she's missin..."