Heart to Heart

(Hayley's POV)

Later that evening I went to join Rebekah on the porch and said "I know you don't know me very well... but thanks. I appreciate what you did in there." she said, "Us girls have got to look out for each other." I said "What is it with you two? You say you hate him, but the way you deal with him, it's so clear. Even when you hate him, you still love him." she said "I guess when you spend a thousand years with someone, deciding to quit them is like losing a part of yourself. But sometimes the hate is just... so powerful. Emil wasn't the only boyfriend of mine that Klaus killed. He did it again, and again, and every time I found someone to care about. He just kept doing it until, finally, I stopped falling in love. He said he was protecting me from my mistakes, that no one was ever good enough for his little sister. Until one day, someone was." 

I said "If you know Marcel has Elijah, why don't you just get him back yourself?" she sighed "Because, if I cross my brother, there's still a coffin downstairs with my name on it." I eyed her for a second and then showed her the two silver daggers. she said "Oh, my god." I said "I found them under your coffin. So, if a couple of antique steak knives were the only things stopping you from getting Elijah back, then here you go." she took them in awe and smiled at me causing me to smile back. She said "Hayley, I know you are new at this whole thing but... you are having little Niks baby brother or sister and her mom died when she was born, she tried to trap Niklaus using the baby so he killed her. She has never known a mom, so I am hoping you will look out for her. I know my brother does some dastardly things, but she is innocent in all he does." I grabbed her hand and said, "Rebekah don't worry, ill make sure she is ok and treat her and love her the same as my own baby." 

(Klaus' POV)

The next morning, I went to check on Jules but she wasn't in her room, so I checked Rebekah's and she wasn't there either so I focused on listening out for three heartbeats, all three were in Hayley's room, where I only expected two. I quietly went into her room and saw her cuddled up with Jules I grabbed the vial from her bag and opened it up sniffing it. Hayley said, "I didn't use it." I said "You're awake." she said "I could barely sleep all night. This house is like a freaking swamp sauna. She came in here about 2 am." she sat up in bed running her fingers through Jules's hair smiling down at her sleeping form. I said "What stopped you? You could have been free of all of this... of me and Jules." she said "Yeah, well... when I was fighting off those vampires, I – I realized I wasn't just protecting myself. Maybe it has to do with the fact that my birth parents gave me up, and my adopted parents kicked me out. All I know is push came to shove, and... I realized I wouldn't let anyone hurt it. As for Jules... I can't let anyone hurt her, I know she is your daughter and I've only known her a few days but... I've grown attached to her"

I said "She has grown attached to you as well, and she needs someone like you in her life. I'm beginning to think we're a lot alike, you and I. We're both castoffs who have learned to fight when we're backed into a corner." she said "Well, we're backed into a corner now." he said "Ah, that we are. It's time to fight... little wolf." I laid a hand on her shoulder and backed away to leave the room. She said "This whole thing with Marcel... The deal you have with the witches, trying to take him down, take what's his... Rebekah told me that you two once loved each other like family. What happened?" I said "I made Marcel everything that he is. I treated him like a son. And when my father chased me and my family from New Orleans a hundred years ago, we believed Marcel was killed... we each mourned him, in our own way. Yet, when I returned, I found not only had he survived, he had thrived. Instead of seeking us out, instead of sticking together as one, he chose to take everything my family had built and make it his own. Now, he is living in our home, he is sleeping in our beds. That 'M' he stamps everywhere... it's not for 'Marcel'. It's for 'Mikaelson'. I want it all back, and if I have to push him out to get it, then that's exactly what I'll do. I'll have someone see to the air conditioning."I hurried downstairs only to see Rebekah walk inside and as she said "You were right. The girl, Cami... she's the key. Marcel likes her, and because of that I got to see the secret weapon of his that you've been going on about." I said "Well, don't stand on ceremony. What is it?" 

She said "It's not a 'what, it's a 'who'. A girl, Davina. She can't be more than sixteen, and I have never felt power like that." I said "A witch." she said "She's not just any witch, she's something I've never seen before, something beyond powerful, and now because of you she has Elijah. Who knows what she could do to him." I said "Where is she?" she thought for a second then said "That clever bitch. I don't know." I said "What's wrong?" she said "She wiped my memory of the location. Marcel possesses a weapon bigger and more powerful than an Original, and you handed our brother to him! How many times will Elijah forgive you? How long until his hope for your redemption finally dies?" I said "I did what I had to do! Marcel took our home!" she said "And our home is worthless without family. I am finding Elijah – whatever it takes. Are you going to help me?" I said, "Whatever it takes."