Link Unbroken

(Hayley's POV)

I was sitting in my room after putting Jules down for a nap when I felt like I was stabbed in the neck. I said "AHH!" Rebekah came in and said, "What the hell was that?" I said "Hell if I know. It felt like I was being stabbed." she left the room and Jules came in, and she climbed onto my lap closing her little eyes. I said "Are you ok Baby Girl?" she said "No alone." I said "You don't want to be alone?" she shook her head so I wrapped my arms around her and said, "It's ok, sleep, I've got you." She fell back asleep in my arms. I whispered "I will always protect you, Julianne Nicole Mikaelson. I love you so much." I kissed her little head and grabbed a book to read.

Rebekah came in and said "Time for the demon spawn to snack!" I laughed "I wish you wouldn't call her that." she said Oh, sorry, have you picked another name yet? Take one, the plantation's lousy with them." I grabbed an apple and thought for a second then said "I feel fine... which is weird. I'm sure it's Sophie-related." she said "Then, do me a favor, and don't die on my watch. I'll never hear the end of it." I said "You know, when I first met you, I thought you were a real bitch." she smiled "What changed your mind?" I said "Oh, I still think you're a bitch! I've just grown to like that about you." she chuckled "Aw, well, that's sweet of you to say. Remember it when I'm gone and protect her and love her, she doesn't have the greatest dad in the world. I don't want her to feel jealous of your daughter since Niks doesn't have a mom." I was confused "Gone? Where are you going?"

She said "I only came to town to make sure everything was okay with Elijah. He's fine, and he hasn't punished Klaus for daggering him, so... as usual, they'll be thick as thieves, and I'll be left to clean up the mess. It's time for me to fly the coop." I said "Oh..." I started to feel woozy so I tightened my hold on Jules as Rebekah said "What's wrong?" I shook my head "I dunno, probably morning sickness..." she placed her hand on my forehead and said, "Oh, you're burning up." I laid down with Jules as Rebekah tried to keep me cool with a wet rag and called Elijah. She said "Stop fussing, will you? Elijah will be here any minute." I groaned "I feel like I've been microwaved." She said "Hey! Just because you're carrying a baby doesn't mean you get to act like one! I'm sure my little niece is healing you up as we speak." Elijah and Sophie ran in and Rebekah said "What the hell is she doing here?" Sophie sighed "I'm trying to help.

Rebekah said "Help? You're the reason we're in this bloody mess! Why aren't we unlinked with this witch already, Elijah?" He said, "Rebekah, let her do what she can." Sophie said "I may know a way to slow the fever down. But, I'm gonna need some special herbs. I'll text you a list." Rebekah said "Fine. Happy to play the fetch girl." Elijah grabbed Jules and said, "I'll put her in bed." I said "Elijah, she cries by herself." He sighed but wrapped her in a blanket continuing to hold her as we all headed out to the pool. Rebekah came back so Elijah handed the baby to her and took off his jacket, rolled up his sleeves, and said "She's burning up! We need to do this now." Sophie said, "Get her in the water!" Elijah jumped him before helping me in the pool. Sophie followed us with a cup. Rebekah said, "I don't see how a midnight swim is supposed to help." Sophie said "Her temperature is sky-high. With the help of the herbs, the water should cool us down. Drink this! You're going to have to get her heart rate down." I drank the cup as Elijah said "How do you suggest I do that?"

Sophie said "Hold her. It's a natural human remedy to slow the heart rate and reduce blood pressure." Rebekah said, "This is never gonna work." Elijah picked me up bridal style and said "Davina will break the link, we just need time." I groaned and gasped "I can't breathe!" Elijah said "Okay, long deep breaths, Hayley! Look at me. Long deep breaths, just focus on the sound of my voice. You'll be okay. You'll be okay." I screamed and thrashed as the pain got worse Sophie gasped before sighing "I just felt it lift." Rebekah sighed in relief as I started to calm down as the pain receded. Elijah put me down but I still had to lean against him as I was weak, Sophie took her earing out and poked her hand, Elijah and I looked down at mine and nothing happened. Elijah led me out of the pool as he said "Come on, let's go." Sophie said "Elijah... as soon as your brother finds out that the link is broken, he'll kill Agnes. I know you don't owe me anything, but please, don't let him kill her." he grabbed his phone as she continued "Elijah! She's our only access to the power we need to survive. Promise me that you'll stop him!" 

I held my arms out to Rebekah and she handed me the sleeping baby as Elijah ignored Sophie and called who I assume is Klaus and said "It's me, where are you? ...Don't hurt her. I'll be there shortly." he hung up and turned to Sophie "I'll make you one last promise. I won't let my brother kill Agnes." she nodded at him and he walked away, I stopped Sophie at the steps of the pool and said, "I know you were just using me to save your people, but try it again, and I'll kill you." I headed inside and sat on the couch with a book, I think Jules was starting to get spoiled with me holding her all the time but I couldn't help it. Elijah went up to change before leaving and Rebekah went to say goodbye to Elijah before taking off. 

A while later Jules woke up and was hungry so I followed her to the kitchen and made us some mac and cheese. As we were eating the doorbell rang and Jules shouted "I get it!" and ran for the door, I ran after her catching her before she hit the door and said, "Not without me you don't." I placed her on my hip as I opened the door and saw Josh, Jules said "Josh!" he said "Hey sweet girl." and kissed her head before saying "Where is he? I've been trying to find him all day. Marcel knows that Klaus lied to him about where he lives." I sighed "I'm not his damn keeper, Josh." he said "Fine! Just... tell him to call me, please." I said "Okay. Jules say bye-bye Josh." she waved at him "Bye-bye Josh!" he smiled "Bye-bye Jules." I closed the door and started up the stairs because she was falling asleep again when the bell rang. I groaned as I headed back to the door and said "Ugh, what the hell, Josh?" but it wasn't Josh, it was someone else. I tightened my hold on Jules as he smiled "Hi there, I'm Marcel. I don't think we've met!"