Plan A- Say Please

(Klaus' POV) 

I finished disposing of the vampires and headed inside to see Jules coming downstairs in this.

her hair was done like this. which makes me think Hayley got her dressed rather than Rebekah.

I picked her up and said "Hey baby girl, don't you look beautiful

I picked her up and said "Hey baby girl, don't you look beautiful." she hugged me and said, "Hi daddy." I kissed her cheek and we walked into the sitting room, I sat in my chair and watched as she got down and played with her legos. Rebekah came in and kissed Jules' head before she said "I cannot believe you disposed of those vampires without me. You know how I love to set things on fire!" Hayley walked in taking a seat on the floor next to Jules and I said "Was I supposed to leave them in the front yard to rot? Besides, they were my responsibility. They attacked the helpless pregnant girl who's carrying my unborn child and was watching my toddler!" she rolled her eyes said, "Oh, I am so moved by your new-found sense of fatherly duties towards the werewolf carrying your hybrid bun in her oven." Hayley said, "The werewolf would like to know what the plan is." I said, "Well, that depends what plan you mean, love... my plan for global domination, or Rebekah's plan to find love in a cruel, cruel world?" 

Rebekah threw a pencil at me, making me catch it and smirk at her as Hayley sighed "The plan to rescue Elijah. You know, the good brother? The one who is now in the possession of your mortal enemy after you stabbed him in the back?" I smirked again and said, "In the front, if we're being specific." Hayley said "You two said that you would get him back. So is there a plan, or what?" I said "Okay. Well, firstly, Marcel is not my mortal enemy... he's my friend. Albeit one who is unaware that I'm trying to sabotage his hold over the supernatural community of the French Quarter, but a friend nonetheless. And secondly, I daggered Elijah to gain Marcel's trust. If I had known he would place my brother in the hands of a particularly nasty teenage witch, I certainly would have weighed my options a bit differently. And thirdly... Sister, please."

Rebekah said, "And thirdly, the plan, as you have demanded, is for Niklaus to simply ask Marcel for Elijah back." Hayley said, "That's... that's not the whole plan, is it?" Rebekah said "Please! Klaus may be a miserable excuse for a sibling, but there is none more diabolical." I said "And that's only Plan A, love! There's always a Plan B." Hayley said "And what's Plan B?" I smiled sadistically and said "War." I stood up and grabbed my daughter's hand "Come along Baby Girl, we have business to attend to." Hayley said, "Wait, you're taking her to start a war?" I said, "No I  am taking her for plan A, I can't stand marcel's crew and it may not seem like it but with her around I control my temper way better than normal." 

We went to Marcel's and got to the room he was in when Thierry said "Look, I know you and Klaus are friends, but the fact is since the Originals showed up..." I said "Oh, come now, Thierry. You're not still upset about that little, toxic werewolf bite I gave you, are you? I thought we were at bygones." Thierry said, "I see you've given him free rein of your compound now, too." I said "Yes. Well, seeing as my family and I lived here... built the place, in fact..." Marcel said "All right. Come on. You both know the drill. Thierry's my guy, inner circle. Klaus is my old-time friend and sire. He's also a guest here. Peace, all right? All right. What you need, my brother?" I sighed "I'm afraid my sister Rebekah is insisting I demand Elijah's return. She's quite worked up about it." Marcel said, "I'll say."

Thierry said "We're not gonna have three Originals walking around town, are we? Half our guys think the sister killed the nightwalkers. I glared at him letting Jules go who hugged Marcel and I said: "Is that an accusation against an Original?" Thierry said "Eh." I went toward him but Marcel picked up Jules and stepped between us saying "What did I say about peace? Especially with a toddler around. Come on. Walk with me. We walked out onto the balcony and said "You inner circle man lacks a sense of humor." Marcel said "He's a little overprotective but loyal to a fault. I saved his life back in the '40s, found him dying of a war wound outside a hospital. He'd kill for me and die for me. Plus, that boy can play the trumpet-like you would not believe. Maybe I'll see if he can play a little tonight at the party. Don't bring your daughter but you're coming, right?"I said "How can I miss my chance to meet the city councilman as he accepts your gigantic charitable donation? And my sister will be babysitting my princess." 

Marcel laughed "Oh, he's a schmuck, but he lets us do our thing in exchange for certain community services, like keeping our fangs out of the locals. Listen, about your brother... I would love to help you out, but Thierry is right. My guys are on edge. They see the Original family moving in, vampires dying? It makes them nervous. If I hand Elijah back now, it might give the wrong impression about who's really in charge here. You know what I mean?" I said "You understand... I had to ask." Jules rubbed her eyes and yawned so I said "I have to get my daughter home for a nap." he nodded and handed her over, and I headed home. I said, "Hayley I have to deal with the vampire in the cellar, can you give Jules some lunch and get her down for a nap?" Hayley grinned taking my daughter from me and peppering her face in kisses as they headed for the kitchen. I went into the cellar and called my sister. 

R- Niklaus, for the love of Mary Magdalene, how long does it take to ask a simple question?

K- Much longer than you'd think, considering the answer was, as expected, "No." Marcel's man, Thierry, is suspicious. He thinks you killed ten nightwalkers.

R- Well, that's a lie! I only killed eight. Should I make Thierry the ninth?

K- Marcel is playing friendly. We can't kill the favorite son, or he'll catch onto us.

R- So, war it is, then?

K- Indeed. Do you know what to do with the witch?

R- I believe I do.

K- Good. You manage Sophie Deveraux. Hayley will care for Jules. I'll take care of the next step.

I hung up and looked at Josh and said "I ordered you to drain him of blood. What's taking so long?" Josh said "Sorry. I'm not, like, medieval-torture-expert-guy." I sighed and impaled the vampire with the pitchfork and Josh said "What did he do to you, anyway?" I said "It's not about what he did. It's about what he's going to do when we're done here, which is whatever I want him to, just like you. For example, drive this through his torso." Josh though horrified did as I compelled him to and said "That is crazy. I didn't want to do it, but I did it anyway." I said "It's called mind compulsion. Vampires can compel humans. Originals, like my siblings and I, can also compel vampires, and no one can compel Originals. You following?" he nodded and I said "Good. That is how a brand-new nightwalker such as yourself is here doing my bidding with no one the wiser."

Josh said, "But I never had my guts drained out of me." I said "Yes. That, young Joshua, is because I got to you before you had even a drop of herbal vervain in your system. You see, it prevents compulsion. Marcel has had his whole crew taking it since I returned to town, and that is why our friend here needs to be bled dry of it, so I can compel him to follow my every command. And with my brother currently in captivity awaiting rescue, we can't afford to be gentle about it, can we?" I handed him the pitchfork when I heard Jules call out "Daddy?" I called to her "Be there in a minute baby. Be quick about it. I have an army to build, and one compelled minion does not an army make." and went to check on my daughter.