In the House of Secrets

H E L L O! 

Welcome to In the House of Secrets, a strictly historical romance. 

If you've read my other works, you might recognize some of the characters from the Before series (as soon as in the first chapter)! You might also recognize our main characters from In the House of Summer or Before Liars Loved.

However, if you haven't read my other works, do not fret. This story can easily be read as a standalone. 

A review of what you are in for: 

England, 1842

Lady Hutton, otherwise known as Penelope Chapman, cares not that her husband has a wandering eye. That is, until he wanders away completely--all the way to the continent with his mistress, where he's been for the last five years. Abandoned, Penelope decides she shall not spend her life living without the occasional night of casual companionship.

But then Penelope meets British naval officer Beckett Ash, and she realizes that there isn't anything casual about him. In fact, Beckett soon makes marrying Penelope Chapman his sole mission. But how unfortunate that she already has a husband. And even more so that Beckett does not have a clue about it. And nor does he realize that the woman he has fallen for is the half-sister of his very best friend. 

All of my works are rated 18+ due to mature and sexual content. Steam ahead, besties. 

Thank you so much for reading! I appreciate all of my readers tremendously. 

xoxo amelie