Chapter 7

"Here is your Uniform." Felix hands you a knights' uniform. You nod and walk into the changing room. You step out after changing. Right now, you're at the palace. You were going to live there from now on. Athanasia doesn't know that you're her personal knight. She was going to find out today.

"Lady Alpheus, You look great!" Felix says, smiling brightly. You smile. "Call me Y/n." You say. "Being a well known knight at your age is truly amazing. I look forward to working with you." He says. "Me too." You answer. The two of you make your way to find the Royal Family.

******

"Papa, Where's Felix?" Athanasia asks her father who was sitting across from her at the table. "Why do you want to know about that?" He asks. "Be- Because Felix is my friend!" She says. The emperor stares at her for some time. "You won't need him anymore." He says casually sipping his tea. "What?! Wait, Why not?!" The jeweled eyed girl panicked. "I'm getting you a new personal knight." He replies. "What? Why-" "Here they come." Claude cuts her off.

Athanasia turns to find a white haired female going down on one knee. she raises her head to look at the princess and smile. "By the emperor's orders, I am to be the princess' personal knight." She says. Athanasia looked extremely shocked. "Y-y/n?" 

*******

"I'm Jeanette Margrita. I returned the ribbon you dropped that night, your highness." Jeanette says, flashing a smile that blinded almost everyone there. "I remember. Thank you." Athanasia responds. After the incident were Athanasia fell into the river, Claude forbid her from leaving the palace. so instead, she invited a few people to the palace. "If your name is Margrita, then are you the second cousin of the son of house Alpheus?" A gray haired lady asked. You were standing alongside Felix a bit far away from the table, but you can still hear what they're talking about. You zoned out. until you heard a lady say, "After seeing him in person, I could see the rumors weren't an exaggeration. He's sot tall and handsome." huh? Are they talking about Ijekiel? You turn to look at them. "Didn't he look like a statue of Fioreze?" Another lady says. What. The. F*ck? That brat? you admit that he's handsome, but a statue of Fioreze? Other people may see him as a well behaved noble, but you only see him as a brat who's idea of 'fun' was stealing his twin sister's books to annoy her and reading. You look at the lovestruck ladies in disgust. Sure, they were all pretty, but there's no way you were gonna let those girls who fell in love with his looks take advantage of your baby brother. he's only 7 minutes younger than you, but you still see him as your little brother. At least, it had to be Athanasia. 

"ermm, Then would you happen to know what type of women.. Lord Ijekiel is interested in?" A lady asked. You flinch.  "Sorry. Even I don't know things like that..." Jeanette answers. yes, Jeanette, drive them away, just like that. "Well I was just asking, I'm not that curious."  Whew looks like she leaving that topic. "You look stiff. Are you okay?" Felix asks you. "Ah. yes." You answer. "They were talking about your brother now, right?" He asks. You nod. He chuckles. "You don't seem very happy about that." He says. "Ah well... Even though he's just 7 minutes younger than me, I still see him as my little brother, someone I have to protect." I say. "That's sweet of you." Felix says. The two of you standing in silence for some time. 

"Actually my eye keeps getting drawn to that knight over there." Felix stiffens. " Ahh. mine too. that sharp gaze that looks like he's ready to cut down anything in his way! but hidden beneath that cold exterior, must be burning flames of passion." who? Felix? this giant baby? I snicker, making Felix blush in embarrassment. "May I ask who that is?" A lady asks. "That's sir Felix, my personal knight." Athanasia answered. "YOU MEAN, SIR FELIX THE KNIGHT OF THE CRIMSON BLOOD?!?" One of the lady exclaims. Felix looked uncomfortable. I guess I should intervene. "The knight of the crimson blood, You don't mean- The one who single handedly slayed the corrupted forces while his majesty was saving Obelia from Dark Magic..!" One of the lady says. "That's him." You say from behind her. "AAAAHHH." she screams and jumps up. "Ah sorry. I didn't mean to startle you." You say, backing up a bit. "Big Sister!!" Jeanette says smiling brightly. you smile back. "Hello Jeanette." You say. "Anyways, I apologize for startling you, miss. I heard some screaming and came to check what was going on. I'm truly sorry." You say as you bow down and kiss her hand. (that's knights etiquette, if you didn't know.) The girl blushes. "A-ah. It's okay, really. I was a bit startled because you popped out of nowhere." She says. You straighten up. "Ah. Is that so? I'm glad." You say smiling. You look at Athanasia and bow. "Blessing and glory upon the  Obelian empire." You say. Athanasia nods. "Now that I know that there's nothing to worry about, I'll take my leave, princess." You say and she nods. "Goodbye." She says as you walk back to were you were standing. "Who was that?" A lady asks. "That was my other personal knight, Y/n Alpheus." Athanasia answers. "Alpheus as in the only lady of the Alpheus house, the one who passed the knights test with a perfect score?" A lady asked. Ughh. I was hoping to keep that low. Athanasia nods in response. "She was... so pretty!" ....huh? "She looked strong but extremely kind at the same time." Another lady says. Jeanette lights up and nods aggressively. "When she kissed my hands, I swear I felt chills going down my spines." The lady says. "But...  she's a girl?" Athanasia asks. "Who Cares?!" A lady exclaims. They all begin fangirling while you were busy glaring at Felix who was trying not to laugh. "Hey, I saved your ass from those fangirls and this is how you repay me?" You ask. "I'm sorry- It's just funny." He says. "Oh, I'll show you what's funny." You say, drawing your sword. He flails his arms. "I'm sorry, I was just kidding." He says. You put it back and sigh. 'Today's going to be a long day.' You thought.

 *******

Right now, Ijekiel just left. You, Lucas and Athanasia were at Athanasia's private library. and now Athanasia was trying to get back the book Lucas was holding. "IT'S NOT MINE!" Athanasia screams in embarrassment while jumping up and down to reach the book. "Yeah right, you've got more here. 'the princess' first crush', 'Confession of a lady', 'The pure heart of the empire's greatest swordsman.'" Lucas counters. "Give it back." Athanasia screams. "why? You should share these goodies with others." Lucas says. and what were you doing while Athanasia was suffering from extreme embarrassment? holding onto a bookshelf, trying not to fall down as you laughed your lungs out. "Princess, Are you alright? we just heard screaming..." Just as the guards came, a book fell on to the ground. all of us look at it. "hm. Why did fair Lady Dvari serve oysters only to the wandering knight? Do you know the reason why, Gentlemen?" Lucas asked, while you buried your face into his back to stop you from laughing. "h-huh? how could we ever?" The guards say. you recover from you laughing fit and wipe tears away from your eyes. "This could belong to the man just left." Lucas says. "Man that just left..?" The guards asked. "Speaking of... care to explain why you let an intruder in?" Lucas says as the guards gulp. Ha. serves them right.  

******

The princess is currently having a second tea party. It's your break time. nothing serious happens in the second tea party, so It should be fine. 

"That's a nice sword you got there." Lucas says, popping out of nowhere. "You're the one who got it for me. stop acting like you don't know." You say. He smirks. "And you carry it around everywhere." He says. You look away. "Looks like you really liked my gift, then." You keep quiet for some time. "It's really pretty... Thank you." You say softly. He smiles "Of course, My gift is the best isn't it? It's natural. The best gifts come from the best people." He says. annnnd he ruined it. This idiot. "Aren't you busy? Do you have time to be wandering around like this?" You ask. Translation: Leave. I don't want to here.  "Oh, no. I can make time for you." He says. Translation: I made time just to annoy you. You sigh. "Where were you, then?" You ask. "Work, Obviously." He answers. you both sit there in an awkward silence. "I'm bored." You say out of nowhere. "Me too." Lucas says. "Oh yeah, I forgot to say, Ijekiel hates you now." You say. "Why? Because I got chosen as the princess' playmate instead of him?" He asks. "That and because He found out that you snuck into my room almost everyday at Arlanta." You answer. "Ahhh. Playing the protective older  brother, I see." He says. "I'm the older one." You say as lie down on his lap. "OI! What the hell are you doing?!" He asks. "Shut up... I'm tired.." You say as your eyes closes and sleep takes over you. "Tch.. what a dumbass... If you're gonna sleep, sleep in your bed." Lucas says, Although he made no signs to move you as he gazed at your sleeping face.

A/n: We hit 4K reads. I'm so happy and proud. I'm literally crying out of happiness rn. Thx for reading. I love you guys so much 🤍💛