Chapter 149

"So, how'd the humans take it?"

"They like the idea of a peace treaty. I believe they were skeptical at first, but after Fowler and your world leaders talked them down and told them about our existence long before Unicron happened, they agreed us being here would not be bad." Optimus told his allies.

"So, how will it work? You just help them rebuild then yeet outta here?" Miko asked. Optimus seemed to think for a moment.

"Well, that was one of them but...I proposed a few ideas, the most popular being helping the humans and living under their conditions."

The cybertronians and humans stared at Optimus in confusion. "Yea, you lost us Optimus." Amal said from where she stood on a tall platform in the military base they were being housed in for the time being.

"Well, being back to mostly normal got me thinking of the time before Unicron at our base. I think I can say that I'm not the only cybertronian that has made attachments to Earth, so I figured to propose the idea of coexisting on the same planets."

"Like, Cybertronians living on Earth and humans living on Cybertron?" Jazz asked with a optic ridge raised. Optimus nodded.

"I believe if we allow humans and cybertronians to help understand each other better, we could make a safer place to call home. And work together to protect ourselves against any evil that still lurks in this galaxy."

"That's...not a bad idea." Bumblebee said with his digit tapping his head. "There is still much to discuss but it is up to the humans in the end." Optimus told them.

"In the meantime, I think it's vital that we rest for the time being while we discuss with the humans. After a treaty is made, there will be lots of rebuilding for Cybertron and Earth to be back to normal."

The team responded with nods and "you got it, boss"'s before disbanding to do their own things.

Amal sat down, her body feeling weak from standing so long. After the battle, her body wasn't used to what she had endured and they figured her being legally dead three times didn't help either. Jack and Miko were experiencing similar symptoms but not as severe as Amal's case.

The blonde haired girl huddled into Megatronus's jacket, letting out a breath. The former warlord's holoform appeared from where the ladder was and Amal smiled softly.

"Hey Megsy."

Megatronus placed a hand on her head. "You look tired." He said, brushing his fingers through her hair. "Yea..." Is all Amal said as she leaned against his side, her eyelids dropping.

"Are you sure there's nothing wrong? Ratchet can—"

"For the billionth time, Megs, I'm fine! Ratchet said I would be extremely worn down for a hot minute since we went through so much energon! Besides, we've been going at this for years! I think my body is finally trying to catch up on the lost sleep."

Megatronus looked still worried but didn't say anymore as Optimus's holoform appeared.

"What's up, bossbot?"

The old Prime couldn't contain the small smile that he always got when he began talking to his friends. He assumed it was just the feeling of finally being able to relax for a moment and realize that the people and bots he loved were here now, alongside him.

"I wanted to discuss the possibilities of this treaty working out how I offered them."

"With us realistically coexisting?" Amal asked with a eyebrow raised. Optimus nodded. "The reason I said it to the humans was because I could see what our time here has done to the cybertronians and humans. And with that, I think there is a even more difficult decision to be made; one more difficult than this treaty."

Amal and Megatronus frowned. "And that would be—?" Amal questioned, watching Optimus glance over at the cybertronians and humans talking to each other and sharing stories of the shared war.

"Who will stay, and who will go."

Amal and Megatronus realized he was right as they also glanced at their friends. "I believe some bots might want to stay here with our human allies. It was something I was going to give the option if the humans approved it. It would not be by force."

"Where do you want to go, Optimus?" Amal asked and for a moment, the old Prime seemed to think before answering. "I believe...my place is Cybertron. For now, at least. With so much rebuilding needing there, it would be wise to have at least a leader with lots of experience watching over the cybertronians."

"That makes sense." Amal said but she could tell the Prime definitely was going to miss the humans allies just by the way he looked at them from across the room.

"What would you two want?" Optimus asked a she looked back at the two. "I would assume wherever ones goes, the other is close behind." The blue and red mech asked with a cheeky smile.

"Hell no, I'm tired of this oaf." Amal said, pushing herself off Megatronus, who smacked her in the side of the head. "Ditto." He said as Amal stuck her tongue out at him before turning back to Optimus.

"Truthfully...I don't know. I don't really have a specific attachment to Earth or Cybertron themselves but the people and bots on the other hand..." Amal trailed off.

"I was going to see if at least one Prime would stay behind on Earth, like a representative on Cybertrons behalf. Perhaps you can take that place." Optimus told the blonde haired girl. Amal thought. "I dunno. I don't think that's really my style." A light bulb went off in her head.

"But maybe...my cousins."