Chapter 4

Amal took a long drink from her flask hidden in her trench coat before tucking it back in the inner pocket of the coat. She trailed along behind Starscream, who had his servos folded behind her back as he zoned out in deep thought.

"Babes."

Starscream looked at Amal. "Whatcha thinking about, bud?" The blonde haired girl questioned. She started to jog so she could latch onto his ped to be able to climb up his frame. "Just...how to help Lord Megatron with his return, and the troops." Starscream said as Amal got to his shoulder and sat down.

"Mmm...okay." Amal didn't believe the seeker, but she didn't push anymore to find out anything, since she figured he was already nervous with the Warlord's return as is. The young human knew that Starscream and Megatron's relationship wasn't as close since Cybertron fell, but she knew that the seeker remained loyal to him for her sake, and that's what she needed to appreciate.

They continued on in silence, every once in awhile Amal breaking it by taking a drink from her flask. "God, I need to get Knock's to change this stuff." Amal mumbled bitterly after finishing the last swing. "Well it is good for your pipes, so you should continue drinking it until Knockout can change it to a...better tasting formula for your human tastes." Starscream responded.

"Amalgamous. Starscream. Report to the bridge. I wish to know of everything that has happened since I left." Megatron's voice broke through the com link. "Very well, Lord Megatron. We'll come as quick as possible." Starscream responded back before clicking off his com link and grumbling.

"Could be worse. He could just provoke the Autobots right now."

"I have a feeling that will soon be a possibility."

~

Amal stood on top of the controls to the ship, gazing at the screen that Soundwave was staring at as she read the information on there. "Energy!" Amal said as she pointed at one of the Cybertronian words. Soundwave stared at her, making her frown and look back at the word. "...fuuuuel?" She slurred our questioningly. Soundwave gave a simple nod to confirm she got the word right.

"Yeet." She mumbled happily before going back to reading it. "I see your Cybertronian has improved since I was last here." Megatron commented as he approached behind Soundwave after he finished with Starscream telling all that happened while he was away.

"Eh, it's still pretty shit. Cybertronian fucking weird, man. It looks like robotic Arabic, but way worse to learn." Amal said as she typed out something on the report of Energon mine 658. Soundwave hit the backspace on the high tech computer and corrected a word for her, making her mumble "fuckin shit." As she continued to type stuff out.

"Just imagine how hard it would've been to learn English without having the entire internet in your head." Amal said as she finished her report and turned away to the Warlord. "Yes, I'm sure it would've been difficult. Lucky for us, we don't have that problem." Starscream said with a smug smirk. Amal flipped him off with both hands.

Starscream snickered before the computer made the sound it makes when the mines were comming in. Soundwave answered it. "Lord Megatron, mine 572 is ready for your arrival." The vehicon called J03 said. "Excellent. Soundwave." Megatron said. Soundwave opened up a ground bridge without evening glancing up from the computer.

"Hey! Forgetting someone?" Amal called as Megatron began to follow Starscream to the ground bridge. Megatron turned, lending his servo to her. She hopped on it, climbing up to his shoulder plates as they walked through.

Amal felt a shock go through her body as they went through, but she ignored it. Megatron noticed it, but said nothing about it.

"Ohhhh, pretty." Amal said once they had walked through the portal. The Energon crystals shined brighter than ever it seemed while they were being mined. The young girl almost drooled at the sight, and it was only then did she realise she skipped lunch.

Megatron approaches the edge of a cliff where they had first begun to mine. They could see all the way down to the bottom of the mine, where almost all of it was fresh. "Cool." Amal commented. "Impressive, indeed." Starscream said with a smirk.

Amal hopped down from Megatron shoulder, landing on her feet. She walked around without Megatron noticing she left his side, grabbing a small shard of Energon from one of harvested barrels of it and started gnawing on it as she walked around.

She lost track of time as she went around, making her way down the levels of the mine until she was at the bottom level where most the vehicon miners were at cutting fresh Energon.

She walked down on tunnel, seeing it was pretty much cleared out except for a few shards. As she got near the end, a ground bridge suddenly opened up. She frowned, wondering who ordered the ground bridge right in front of her.

And it wasn't until the ped of a Cybertronian stepped through that made her drop her shard of Energon and realise that this ground bridge was not at all of Decepticon origin as Optimus Prime stepped through, his weapons raised.