Chapter 60

"Amalgamous."

"...Amalgamous, rise."

"...since it seems you cannot wake in front of me quite yet, let me tell you this if you are listening."

Amalgamous heard the voice muffle from a sudden ringing in her ears when she tried to open her eyes from where she laid. She shut them again after a few second and the ringing slowly faded, and she heard the voice again.

"—it will be inside you, and a darkness shall rise, along with a leader, and they shall bring peace to the rage of many eons."

And Amal finally opened her eyes.

~

Amal gasped as she shot up, only to be grabbed by the shoulders suddenly. "Amalgamous, it's okay! It's alright—"

"Oh, Amal! Thank god!"

"Are you alright?"

Amal grunted between her pants while shoving the hands off her shoulder. "Oh my god, y'all are so loud." She heard the Decepticons chuckle around her. "I think she's quite alright." Amal coughed and felt something drip down her chin. Her hand went up and wiped it off before looking at it, suddenly uneasy as she saw the glowing blue substance mixed with red that she had coughed up.

"What happened?"

"Come on, we need to get you up on the table to run some test."

"I'll go see if we can get a bed. Just in case she'll be here awhile." Jack offered as he went toward the door. Raf followed quickly, feeling uneasy from the whole scene he had watched unfold.

Megatron and Optimus slowly helped Amal up and she winced as she finally got to her feet. "What hurts?" Ratchet asked, suddenly stopping them from moving the young girl. Amal grunted as she griped onto Optimus and Megatron's arms tighter from the pain, knowing they could handle her grip.

"My arm...and my shoulder...and my neck...my head, my spark, my teeth, my eyes—is it bright in here?" Amal said while Ratchet helped her slowly come forward while observing her movements.

"Are you having trouble walking?"

"Did I say my legs? They're fine doc." Ratchet rolled his eyes. "You're gonna be a stubborn patient." The Autobot medic grumbled as they gently sat her on the table. Amal squinted from the bright lights shining on the table she sat on.

"Yo, why these lights so fuckin' bright?"

"Amal...they're on the lowest setting."

Amal opened her mouth to say something until she remembered that Ratchet was right. When she had walked in, she saw Megatron on the same table with the lights dim, just enough to see a faint glow against his body.

"Oh." She said simply as Ratchet turned them off. "What do you remember, Amalgamous?" Ratchet asked as he grabbed her left hand and massaged it, looking at her face for any kind of pain related expressions. She didn't react that much until he touched her pressure point, which made him thankful since it was a normal reaction.

"I remember talking to you guys, and then touching Megatron and then everything went black, just after you guys mentioned...the..." Amal suddenly slowed down and shot her eyes up to the Cybertronians around her.

"I got the same thing."

"Same what?" Arcee asked and Amal swallowed hard.

"The same message as Megatron."

~

"Can I have food yet?"

"For the hundredth time, no."

"But Ratchet, I'm hungryyy." Amal whined and Megatron chuckled from the chair he sat in next to the bed that was brought in by the human soldiers and their medics. Ratchet sighed. "Once these test results get back, and everything turns out how I expect them, you may have some of the food they provide for the patients here." He told her with a hand on his hip.

"When will that be?"

"In about an hour, since we have to run Energon test and blood tests, along with x-rays of your pipes and to monitor your spark." Ratchet explained and Amal huffed. "This is dumb, I feel fine now. It's not the first time I've coughed up Energon."

"But what about blood?" The medic cocked an eyebrow. Amal crossed her arms and poured. "While you may think you know your body, Amalgamous, there are many things that could still go wrong. And while I trust Shockwave was smart and knew what he was doing when this happened, one wrong shift and that blood and Energon could pour together and possibly offline you."

"And to have you risk dying just to help us study weather patterns that are happening, is very illogical." Optimus told her as he approached next to Ratchet and looked down at her. "Okay, Shockwave 2.0, I'll stay here." She grumbled miserably, relaxing her arms to her side.

"Good, because we weren't asking." Ratchet said as he turned back to his computer. Amal rolled her eyes while the Warlord next to her chuckled. Optimus smiled gently. "It will not be long, Amalgamous. But I promise you, you can assist us as soon as Ratchet clears you."

"Pinky swear." Amal held out her pinky to the Prime. He cocked an eyebrow while glancing at the Decepticon leader across her bed. He leaned back and crossed his arms. "Just do it to shut her up." He said. Optimus looked at the blonde haired girl and raised his hand before extending his pinky and interlocking it with her own.

"Now you can't go back on your word, or so help me Prime, I'll make sure—" "—I never go back on my promises, Amalgamous. I swear it." Optimus said, giving a small smile. Amal let go of his pinky and crossed her arms with a sly smile. "You better not, Prime."

The Autobot leader nodded before dismissing himself to go find Agent Fowler with Arcee, and also to let Amal rest with peace and quiet.

After a few seconds of silence, Amal turned to her best friend. "This is your fault."

"My fault."

"Yea, if you had told me you were gonna be hooked up to a machine that made you look like an Xenomorph, then I would've of—" Megatron rolled his eyes as Amal snickered through her sentence.

"You and your stupid human movies."

"You loves Alien."

"It was decent."

Amal rolled her eyes. "Whatever. Starscream loves watching movies with me, so I'll have him —" "count me out." Starscream said from where he sat at the end of her bed.

"I'm hurt, babes."

"Alien was nowhere close to real Aliens."

"It's called Fiction, Babes, look it up."

The seeker rolled his eyes before standing up. "I am going to contact Soundwave to see the groundbridge progress. It's getting cramped in this place." The second in command said before disappearing outside the room.

Amal looked at Megatron, who leaned forward the rest his arms on the side of her bed. "So, when do you think we'll get to go home? Like to the Nemesis?" Megatron shrugged. "Who's to say?" Amal sighed and scooted to the other side of the bed before patting the spot next to her.

Megatron sighed and stood up, sliding in next to her. They sat there in silence for a bit before Megatron opened his mouth to say something, only to stop when he heard a faint snore from the girl next to him. He chuckled softly before leaning his head on the girls head next to him and drifting off slowly for the first time in many eons.