Chapter 108

"Miko, Raf! Get under there, now!"

The two hurried and slid underneath a small crack that looked like some sewer drain. Jack and Amal gazed up and around them. "I don't see anything." Jack said and Amal squinted as she heard a flapping sound getting closer.

"Maybe it was just—"

Jack was cut off as a giant figure bolted from between two building near them, diving toward them with its claws out. Amal and Jack swiftly jumped away from each other, dodging the unknown creature.

It screeched as it crashed head first into a building that was behind them before falling to the ground. Amal and Jack has their fist raised as they readied to possibly fight their way out of the situation.

"Its a Cyber Bird." Amal said with a surprised look as the creature got up and looked at them in surprise. "And you're... not food." The Cyber Bird as it rubbed its beak in pain from flying into the building.

"Well, I mean I guess we could be—" "don't flatter yourself, I only prefer the Cyber Rats." The Bird said as it settled its wings to its side as Jack and Amal slowly lowered their fists.

"So...you're not gonna kill us?" Miko asked from underneath the shelter they had found, peeking out. The Cyber Bird ruffles it's metal feathers. "No. Unless you pose a threat, but I doubt little ones like you could do any damage." The Bird said and Amal smirked but said nothing.

"If you're not going to kill us, could you help us?" Jack asked and Amal's smile dropped and she smacked him. "Jack." She hissed and he gave her a look. The Cyber Bird looked confused.

"Help?"

"If you haven't noticed, we're not from here." Raf said as him and Miko began to come out of the drain. The Bird chuckled. "I noticed. I thought maybe you were with someone, but it seems not?" It asked and the humans nodded.

"We were thrown here against our will. We just woke up a few hours ago and have been walking to try and find coordinates for a shelter, and to find help." Amal explained and the bird frowned.

"Thrown by who?"

Amal laughed nervously. "Yea, uh, Unicron." She said and the bird's optics widened. "Nah...you're joking." The humans looked serious as the bird chuckled nervously before its voice faded.

"Unicron?"

"Uh huh."

"The chaos bringer?"

"Yup."

"Creation of Primus hims—"

"All of the above, yes!" Miko exclaimed and the bird shook its helm. "How is that so? Unicron perished long ago, like the stories said." The bird said as it stepped closer.

"Well, it's a long story, so are you ready?"

The bird chuckled as it nestled down in a sitting position.

"Fire away, little ones."

~

The doors opened behind June as she stared out the windows of Unicron's ship, watching his minions start to tear through the buildings, seizing any human they could get their servos on.

"Do you like how my plan is going?" Unicron asked as he approached behind her and June looked at him. "Are you going to kill them?" She asked and Unicron rolled his optics. "Though I seem to be one to slaughter mindlessly, I do indeed respect the ways of war. Murder is cold, but if they resist—"

"That's still murder."

"It's putting order in this chaotic world."

"The human race wasn't perfect, but it doesn't need to be enslaved to fix that." June spat with a angry look on her face. "Would you rather me slaughter them?" Unicron bluntly said as he gazed out the window. June was silent in response, scared if she said the wrong thing then he would truly do it, and she didn't want to live with that blood on her hands.

Unicron chuckled. "Then we shall proceed. I have some words for that leader of yours..." He said as he turned and started to walk out. June watched him for a moment before following wordlessly after the god.

~

"Soooooo, you're—Cyber organics?"

"Only him and I."

"And then Unicron began to wake from your planets core—?"

"Yup."

"And began hunting you basically before capturing you, and then trying to negotiate but still ended up throwing you into a space bridge here?" The Bird finished and the humans nodded. It looked confused but nodded with understanding of the situation.

"So, will you help us?" Raf asked with desperation in his voice. The bird thought for a moment. "Well first, what's your designations?" It asked. "My name's Jack, this is Miko, Raf, and Amalgamous."

The bird looked surprised. "They named you after a Prime?" It asked and Amal nodded. "Unless you can find anybody else with that name, then yep. After the Prime." She said and the bird smiled slightly.

"My designation is Goldbeak." He said while ruffling his metal feathers as he stood up. "So, Goldbeak, will you help us? We need to get to these coordinates." Amal told him as she pulled up the coordinates. The Cyber Bird shifted uncomfortably.

"Well, I think I can—"

"Goldbeak!"

The bird squawked in surprise with a jump as another Cyber Bird came flying up and landing next to him. "Where in the pits of koan have you—oh good Primus, what are those?" The Cyber Bird exclaimed and jumped back.

"These are humans, Leadwing." Goldbeak said with his wing motioning to them. Leadwing's optics widened as she bent down to them.

"For real?" She questioned in Cybertronian and Amal smirked while crossing her arms. "For real!" She responded in their native tongue and the two Cyber Birds vented out quickly with a look of shock.

"You know Cybertronian?"

"All my life! Except a little part in the middle where my brain got scrambled." Amal said with a shrug. Leadwing looked confused. "Why are you here? How are you here? Humans don't venture past mars at least." The she-bird asked.

"Long story short, Unicron's trying to take over our planet and now we need to get to help to kick his aft."

Leadwing's optics widened as she looked at Goldbeak. "Is this what you have been talking to them about?"

"Yea, sweetspark, they need help! I wasn't just going to—"

Leadwing covered his mouth, looking at the humans. "I'm sorry, sweetsparks. We can't help you." The humans eyes widened as Leadwing uncovered her partners mouth and he looked annoyed.

"Why not?"

"Our leader saw this. The rise of a darkness. We cannot risk being pulled into it." Leadwing told Amal as she turned and spread her wings, Goldbeak doing the same and they readied themselves to take off.

"Even if you knew you might be able to save Cybertron?"

The humans looked confused when the two birds looked back with disbelief and surprise written on their face plates.

"Are you telling the truth?" Goldbeak asked in English and Amal sighed, anxiously tightening her fists as he gazed went to the ground. "Unicron plans to take over Earth, then I suspect come to Cybertron. He's a god for Primus sake. And he wouldn't just come here to look, he wants to do something."

Amal looked up at them, a pleading look on her eyes.

"He's got Optimus, the last of the Prime's...our only hope to stop Unicron from taking over not only our worlds, but many others in the galaxy. And I'll be damned if I just sit here to wait for him to do that, and accept that fate."

The bird's cocked their optic ridges as Amal gave a smirk and the humans behind her did as well, looking determined.

"So, are you with us?"