Chapter 69

Nice^

~

Amal wobbled as she was set on the balcony and she fell into the railing clumsily. "What were you thinking?" He exclaimed, looking down at her. Amal panted slightly from the anxiousness that started to eat away at her at what she had seen.

"I just—I wanted to know! I needed to know, we needed to know!" Amal motioned to the other humans.

"You could've gotten hurt!"

"That's enough." Optimus tried to intervene.

"You can't just shield us from the truth!" Amal yelled back, finally glaring at the warlord. "I don't understand the point of bringing us here, when all y'all attempt to do is shield us from the dangerous stuff when in reality, it's unavoidable."

"Amalgamous, that's enough." Optimus said sternly and the two went silent with a hard glare still on each other's faces.

"We have a greater threat than ever before now." The Prime said while turning to the computer that now showed tons of Dark Energon around them.

"Unicron." Ratchet whispered and there was a sudden bang from the roof. Everyone fell silent as they listened. The banging happened again, and again, until the whole roof was shaking slightly.

Ratchet pulled up the cameras above the base and everyone stepped back at the creatures they saw, clawing and stomping the roof, slowly peeling back the metal that protected the base.

They all were covered in purple, eyes glowing of it and filled with the look of hatred and determination. "Fucking Christ." Amal whispered as they squawked and roared in frustration.

"Where's Predaking? He'll blast these fucker straight to—" Amal stopped when she looked at the groundbridge entrance and saw no sign of the Predacon she had raised. She grumbled in annoyance, knowing he was still stuck across the country.

"Optimus." The Prime looked at the motorcycle, who for the first time since the evacuation of Cybertron, had fear in her eyes, mixed with a confusion he rarely saw. "What do we do?" She whispered and the Prime inhaled heavily.

"The base...is lost." The Autobots all gazed at the ground, Bulkhead almost glaring at it with Ratchet and Bumblebee looking saddened. "We must evacuate. To ensure no capture."

"We can go to the warship."

Optimus shook his helm at the Warlord. "We cannot go together. We must scatter, to ensure the survival of us and of the Earth." Everyone around him looked confused. "We will return to each other, soon. But for now, we must be what we have been—" Optimus raised his helm high. "Robots in Disguise."

He looked at Ratchet, who nodded and turned to the Groundbridge controls and typed in a random set of coordinates. "Who's first?" He asked and Optimus looked at Bumblebee. "Ensure Raf is safe." He told him and the Scout nodded.

"I won't let you down, Optimus." Bumblebee told him as he picked up Raf. Optimus gave a gentle smile. "I know." He said and Ratchet activated the groundbridge. Bumblebee transformed with Raf, who landed in the passenger seat.

The young boy gazed out the window with sadness and fear in his eyes, and the humans waved slowly to him with sad smiles until the two disappeared into the portal.

Ratchet closed it and typed in another set of coordinates before opening it again. Arcee grabbed Jack, who waved goodbye to Miko and Amal. "I better see you again." Arcee said, turning once she stood next to Optimus.

"I can't lose you...not like we lost her."

Optimus blinked in sadness as he nodded, watching Arcee transforms and drive through the portal with her human companion. The groundbridge closed and opened again and this time, Shockwave stepped up.