CHAPTER 17: DREAMS...

On a slightly less confusing note, Horus did look a lot like Mac. Down to the goofy smile and everything. You could've told me they were related and I'd have no reason not to believe you.

"Horus," I stood, unsure of what to do, "Wh-what are you doing here?"

"Well, for starters," he pointed, "You're dreaming."

I looked down at what he was pointing to, and saw myself passed out, with Sal's sleeping head on my chest. Hannah slept close beside us, her head on my shoulder, my head on hers. Looking at us, I guess we did look cute together.

I blinked, "Hold on," I turned to the god, "I'm asleep? How? I was awake just now..."

Horus shrugged, "I cast you into a deep sleep while you were listening to your friends over there," he nodded at Mac and Stan. Stan was asking Mac about something, and Mac had a small smile on his face.

"And by the way," Horus told me, and I turned to him, "You're developing the habit of eavesdropping."

"Oh," I scratched the back of my neck a bit, "Sorry..."

Horus nodded at my apology, "It's all right as long as you don't do such again," he smiled as he stared off into the distance, "Secondly, Amun-Ra sent me here," he turned to me, "To talk to you for a bit."

"He did?" I was surprised. Usually Amun-Ra came to talk to me in person, and it's not like he came a lot.

Horus nodded, "He sends his apologies for not coming himself; he had some business in the underworld he had to take care of," Horus walked to the edge of the fort roof, "He wanted me to show you a few things tonight, before you rushed into battle tomorrow," he turned to me and beckoned, "Come on."

I walked to him reluctantly, unsure of where he was going with this. "Battle?" I repeated, and Horus nodded, his smile almost disappearing, "I can smell the air of war before it happens, Jones... And I smell it now. Don't think the Scorpion Queen would let you leave that easily."

I came to stand beside him, and he held my hand, then turned to Natalia, who was still staring into the distance. Occasionally she muttered something incomprehensible, and she was starting to shiver.

Horus turned to me, "A moment, will you?" He walked to Natalia and stood beside her. "You shall smile again, sister," he extended an arm to her, "In my name I give you my blessing..." He smiled sadly, "Rest, little sister... In my name, you will smile again..."

Natalia's eyes started getting droopy, and she turned, her pupils turning a shade of purple,"...Horus...?"

The god smiled sadly, "Natalia..."

She frowned, "What are you...doing here...?"

"Shh, "Horus smiled," Go to sleep, dear sister... You'll need it..."

Natalia looked like she wanted to protest, but then she yawned. "I hate you..." She muttered groggily. She'd barely even finished the sentence when she slumped.

Horus caught her, then carried her and set her on the ground. He kissed her forehead and a coat appeared, covering her body. He smiled sadly for a bit, then turned to me. "Sorry, "Horus chuckled nervously, "I can't help myself sometimes..."

"No, really, it's okay," I smiled at him, "To be honest, I'm a bit jealous; you're acting like you're her dad or something..."

"Yes, well," Horus looked at his sleeping sister," She's never really had a caring family, and she's my baby sister..." He smiled sadly, "Fate has never had it easy for us children of Isis..." His face turned grim as he faced me, "Most of my younger siblings never did live full, happy lives..." He smiled sadly as he turned to his little sister, "I'd like things to turn out a bit better for Natalia..." He turned to me and smiled sadly, "Besides, her father has forsaken her, and mother doesn't particularly like playing favourites with her mortal children..." He shrugged, "I'm technically the only family she has left..."