4| Investigation

(This picture my beloved <3) 

TW: Blood, a little bit of gore

"Ugh... my head..." Kokichi groaned as he woke up groggily.  He opened his eyes slowly, but he got blinded with white light: "Why am I in heaven?" He asked. "This is definitely not heaven, and you'll never be going there!" A loud, familiar voice answered rudely, It was probably Kaito. "I thought as much," Kokichi coughed as he sat up completely. He was in the lab of Keebo. "Why am I here...?" Kokichi mumbled with confusion. "Well, you had lost quite some blood and you could've died! You should be grateful!" Keebo appeared from the bed where Maki was screaming. "Geez, I never said I wasn't!" Kokichi said, and suddenly a sharp pain shot through him. "Ngh! Ow!" He cursed silently as he grabbed his side. "Not gonna lie, you kinda deserved your ass to be kicked, though! But, yeah... sorry for actually shooting you," Kaito sighed, he had a mask on, which looked strange on him. 

"I-is Kokichi okay?" Silently, Shuichi asked with a croak. "Uh, Yep! He is doing good! No worries sidekick!" Kaito laughed awkwardly. Shuichi slowly turned his head to Kokichi's bed. "Master!" He reached his hand for Kokichi. He looked really pale. "Hey Shumai! I'm okay, don't worry!" Kokichi softened his expression and decided he wanted to hold his hand. But, as he stood up, an immense amount of pain waved over the supreme leader and he immediately collapsed on the spot. "Kokichi!!" Shuichi yelped, but he could not do anything in his bad condition. "Shit! What the heck?! Why'd you gotta make a scene like that!?" Kaito sighed as he got him up. "S-sorry! Heh, stupid tricks, am I right?" Kokichi looked expectantly at his Shumai, but worry was plastered on his face. "I don't think that was a trick. Kokichi was also hurt in his stomach, a cut to be exact. He might not even have noticed it!" Keebo answered. "Ah, well, shit!" Kokichi said in a jokingly matter. "Oi, dumbass! I still wanna see Shumai! How do come there?" He ordered Kaito. "God, you are annoying! Well, I'll just..." Kaito easily picked up Kokichi and put him on a chair next to Shuichi. He got his mask and held Shuichi's hand. "Hello, my Shumai!" Kokichi said with a bright expression. "Kokichi... I'm happy you're here!" Shuichi smiled. "I will always be there! You won't get rid of me!" Kokichi smirked.

Somewhere else...

"I did it..."
Warm, fresh blood poured from the body on their hands. The face of the victim was terrifying, but that was the point.
They actually did it... They killed someone...
"H-haha..." 
They quickly ran away.

"AAAH!! HELP!!" Throughout the whole building, they could hear Tsumugi scream. "What was that!?" Kaito immediately stood up in a panic and rushed out of the "hospital". What was that? Kokichi couldn't take a look, since he was wounded. "I will have to leave as well!" Keebo ran out. 
Was it Kokichi or was everything getting more cloudy? And his eyelids started to get more heavy as he struggled to keep them open. "Master...?" Shumai mumbled. "Disgusting smoke... Disgusting..." Korekiyo slurred. "N-NO! SMOKE!?" Maki screeched, but then suddenly fell asleep. "Kokichi... Stay... please?" Shuichi begged slowly. "Y-yea promise" Kokichi promised before the world went black. 

"Hey!! Wake up!!" Kokichi was shaken awake by the loud and annoying Kaito. "Woah! What!?" He yelled. "A body!! A BODY!!" He panicked. "Where?" "Cafeteria!" Kaito answered loudly. "What a boring place... Alright, I'll take a look!" Kokichi received glared from the astronaut. Kaito ran away quickly. Before he did anything, Kokichi stroked Shumai's smooth hair. "Uhm... hello?" Tiredly, Shuichi asked confused. "Good morning sleepy-head! You're finally up!" Kokichi greeted, hovering above him. "Kokichi!? What are you doing!?" Shuichi yelped in surprise as he got sight of the supreme leader. "What's wrong Shumai?" Kokichi teased. "Please get off me!" Shuichi went red. "Aw, it was so fun teasing you! Fine then~" Kokichi jumped off, giving the detective time to sit up. It seemed like his Shumai was cured. That was sad! He liked the other Shumai, but to be honest, this one was waayy better! "Hey, Kokichi? What am I wearing...?" Shuichi asked. "A D.I.C.E uniform! Don't you like it? It looks good on you~" Kokichi grinned as Shuichi looked in doubt. "Uhm... okay? Where are my normal clothes?" He asked. Kokichi pointed at the pile of clothes. "Okay, one more thing, mind telling me what happened again?"

Kokichi told Shuichi about the sickness he had, and Shuichi started to remember a few things as he quickly changed. "Oh, I remember some things... Wait, you kidnapped me!?" Shuichi realised. 
"Hey! Are you coming? Oh! Sidekick!" Kaito ran into the hospital. "Kaito!" Shuichi nodded. "OoOh! Dumbass!" Kokichi mimiked. "Come! We need to investigate the body!" Kaito pushed. "Body!? Who!?" Shuichi gasped in surprise. "It's... Himiko" Kaito said silently. 

Himiko laid in the cafeteria, parts of her skin were burned and she lay in a pool of water. Blood had infused with the water, so it looked more like a pool of blood. Yet, it smelled like a nice cup of chicken soup. Kokichi approached the body and spotted loads of seasoning on the body. "Wow, the culprit sure was hungry!" He joked. "Hey, asshole! This is no time to joke around-" Kaito got interrupted by Shuichi: "No, he's actually right! Look, there's seasoning and butter on her body! And those burn marks... yes, someone tried to cook her!" Shuichi looked in disgust. "No... NO! WHO DARES!! I HOPE THEY BURN IN HELL!" Tenko yelled. She had been quiet for a while, but she was angry for sure. "Himiko did not deserve this... WHY!?" Tenko cried. 

"This pan... it has some markings on them..." Kaito pointed out. "Ooh! I know it's from Kork's lab!" Kokichi said. "Kork?" Korekiyo said with offence: "I do as if I hate the name, but I actually like if people call me that" He said, and immediately clamped his mouth shut. "What!?" Korekiyo gasped. 

"Puhuhuhu!" Monokuma appeared. "Seems like you still have after-effects of the disease! I mean I did cure you students who were in the hospital!" He giggled. "Yup! Shumai hasn't even noticed he has been holding my hand again for the last ten minutes!" Kokichi agreed, watching Shuichi slowly let go of his hand with a red face. "Well, come on! Investigate!" Monokuma said impatiently.

"Well, I have my suspects, what about you, Shumai?" Kokichi asked as Shuichi, without noticing himself, had been holding Kokichi's hand the whole investigation. "Yeah, I do. But I don't know why?" He muttered. "Who knows!" And then, the class trial announcement rang.

"Are you ready, partner?" Kokichi inched closer to his Shumai. "Uhm, I hope so..." He answered with a shaky breath. "I know you can! You're my partner, after all~" Kokichi put one arm over Shuichi, and they went to the others, to survive another class trial.