Stranger - Lionel (1)

This one ended up being over 2000 words so I spilt it into two chapters

Lionel sat at his desk, going over to contracts that were placed on his desk earlier yesterday by his assistant. Next to him was a full glass of whiskey beside him., there wasn't much on his desk: three phones, one for his assistant, one just for general phone calls and his personal one.

In the corner, an apple computer, a few statues of paper and next to it, very neatly, was a line of pens. The phone rang, the one that was just meant for his assistant., "ugh, fucking hell"., he picked up the phone and put it to his ear., "yes?"., he said in an annoyed tone.

"Good afternoon, Mr Shabandar. Charlie Bennett is here and would like to speak to you"., Lionel rolled his eyes and sighed., he is one of his best and hard working colleagues but he hated him but had to remain friendly in order to keep him at the company.

"Fine. Send him in"., "of course, Mr Shabandar"., Lionel hung up and put his pen down and looked up to see him, walking in all chirpy., "Mr Bennett. What can I do for you?"., "well as you know the party is tonight-"., "well yes, it is at my house".

Lionel rested his legs on his desk and Charlie continued: "right, right. So I have a friend who has just finished her medical exams and needs to wine down-"., again, Lionel wanted to keep him at the company so he reluctantly nodded, not really wanting to have someone outside of the company at this party, since it was strictly a company party.

"Yes, fine. She better be well behaved and not make a fool of herself"., Charlie smiled and shook his head., "she's really shy but she's also very smart and sweet"., Lionel nodded and took his legs off of the desk., "very well. Off you go".

Charlie left and Lionel went back to his contracts, picking up his pen and taking a sip of his whiskey. Now he was put in a bad mood, all he wanted to do is go home and have some rest before the party, before everyone arrived.

There was a few more people scheduled to come in and see him but to be honest, he wasn't up for it at all so he picked up the phone and dialled for his assistant., "yes, Mr Shabandar?"., "cancel everything else for the day. I will be going home"., "yes of course, Mr Shabandar".

He hung up the office phone and downed the last bit of his whiskey, picking up his personal phone and started going through his contacts looking for his driver. He finally found the desired contact, William and pressed the call button.

"Ah, good afternoon, Mr Shabandar"., "yes, yes. Good afternoon. Come and pick me up, I expect you here in 20 minutes"., yes of course, sir. I'll see you very soon"., he hung up the phone and put it in his pocket, doing up the button on his suit jacket.

He picked up the contracts and started heading to the desk just outside of his office., "these contracts are signed. I want them to be mailed off to the companies that are on the list that's attached to the first contract"., "yes, of course. Have a good night, Mr Shabandar".

Lionel walked past many people and they started to wish him a good night and telling him that they look forward to seeing him at the party to which he just ignored them, not really wanting to talk to them.

He stepped out of the elevator and the receptionist said good afternoon to him to which he again just ignored her. He stepped outside, seeing a whole load of people, not outside the building but just walking around doing their day to day things. It would come as a surprise to everyone but he was not to big on crowds, one reason he was reluctant to throw parties.

He let out an irritated sigh and started manoeuvring himself through the crowd., he felt a vibration in his pocket and knew that it was his phone ringing, he pulled it out of his pocket and saw it was his driver., "are you here, William?"., "unfortunately not, Mr Shabandar. I am stuck in a bit of traffic"., Lionel rolled his eyes and sighed.

"How long are you going to be?"., "unfortunately I'm going to be to long, Leonard is near the building and I've already sent him a text so he should be there in about five minutes"., "okay, thankyou"., Lionel hung up and as soon as he put his phone in his pocket Leonard pulled up.

-

You got into Charlie's car, closed the door and after you did so he started to drive off., "hey, Charles, how was your day?"., "eh, pretty relaxing today, since it is my day off. I would ask you but I'm guessing it was stressful".

You nodded and sighed., "is there anything I should know?"., he looked at you confused., "know? As in...what do you mean?"., "l-like your boss, Mr Shabandar"., "he is a narcissistic asshole"., Charlie said blatantly.

"If he is a dick towards you, don't take it personally, he's like that to everyone"., you nodded and sighed, fiddling with your fingers., "c-can he really be that bad?"., you said nervously., he raised his eyebrows and nodded., "worse. He can be worse".

About twenty minutes later Charlie pulled up to the big mansion and you stared in amazement feeling a bit intimidated., "t-this is his home?"., he nodded and the both of you got out of the car., he joined you on the other side of the car and nodded., "it is"., "wow"., as the both of you continued to walk up to the large property, Charlie started to say hello to everyone.

Lionel got a glass of whiskey from a plate that one of the of waiters are carrying around., he stood at the back of the large room and looked around at everyone and his eyes landed on you, looking around nervously, furrowing his eyebrows together in confusion.

Charlie went to the lavatory so he left you alone., you crossed your arms and looked around to see a man coming towards you., he's dressed in a black suit with a glass in his hand, as you got a better look at him, you came to realise that it was your friend's boss, Lionel Shabandar.