CHAPTER 1: New Mission Abroad

Edited 15/10/2021

{FOUR YEARS LATER}

Light shines through the curtains, birds chirping happily celebrating another day followed by other forest creatures who seem excited for this early spring.

A voice can be heard echoes in the hallway of the Butterfly Estate, humming a song with its soft and pleasant tone, such a music for the listening ears. It feels closer approaching the yard, then the door slides open revealing a young lady in a soft blue haori that matches her eyes and the butterfly ornament on her hair.

Yes, it is none other than the Cloud Hashira, Kocho Hikari.

" Good morning girls "

The three little girls of the mansion Sumi, Kiyo and Naho pause what they're doing before simultaneously turn to the source of voice, their faces instantly beam in joy at the person in sight.

" Good Morning Hikari-sama!!! " They greet her with smiles that could melt any adult's heart.

" How's your sleep last night? "

" We sleep soundly like a cat! "

The older girl nods knowing it, her lips slightly forming a smile as she is still quite sleepy honestly, but the bright energy they radiate has surely lighten her up.

" Good to know "

The four of them take their time chatting a little before Hikari needs to go to her office, the three little girls wave at her smiling as she walks away.

" *Sighs*What a sweet children "

As she arrives in her office, a petite figure in a well-recognized butterfly haori greets her eyes.

" Morning Nee-san "

Shinobu looks at her with a cup of tea in her hand. Purple orbs meet her sister's blue ones as both smiling at each other.

" Tea? "

" Sure "

She takes the newly poured tea from the table and calmly took a sip, the herbal taste spread in her mouth as the hot liquid goes down her throat leaving it warm and hydrated. She lets out a short sigh of satisfaction before putting the cup down.

" So, how's the Kamaboko Squad's rehabilitation training doing yesterday? "

" Fine, they all had shown big improvements in the Total Concentration, Constant. You should've seen the burning spirit in their eyes, Nee-san "

Hikari hums in response.

The sisters sit there in silence, both are wandering in their own little world as they're enjoying each other's presences in a comfortable solitude. Minutes pass, and a dark golden bird lands quietly on the windowsill and breaks the quietness between them.

" Forgive me for interrupting Hikari-sama, Shinobu-sama but this is a request from Oyakata-sama, he wants both of you and the Love Hashira to assemble quickly at his residence for an important mission "

Hikari and Shinobu look at each other, sharing looks of confused, then back at the golden eagle.

" Alright, we'll be on our way now " With that, it flies away.

" Weird, as I remember from our last mission Oyakata-sama mentioned there won't be any missions for us until next Monday. I wonder what would it be this time " Questions the purple-eyed girl.

" We know when we get there " Hikari replies as she picks up her katana.

" Whatever it may be, it must be serious for Oyakata-sama to send three hashiras to settle it "

__________☁☁☁__________

" We are here as you wished, Master "

The blind man smiles at their presences, although he is unable to see the world through his eyes, he can still hear everything by ears.

" Thank you my child, I apologize for this sudden meet up. It must have interrupt your morning, isn't it? "

Kanroji Mitsuri being the emotional girl that she is instantly denies the apology in a panic manner.

" No Master! Your call is not a bother at all, we are ready to fulfil your request at any times you need. So please, don't think of yourself as a bother to us! "

" I agree, we're alwasy here to provide you assistance, Master "

Hearing that, he can only offer them a smile of gratitude for what else can he give? He appreciates their care and respects for him, thus he could only reciprocates the same amount of those towards them, his childern.

" So Master, may I ask the purpose of this meeting? What is this mission that requires you to send three of us to handle? It is so unlike you " Hikari acknowledges in hidden curiousity.

" Well, to begin with, the reason I summon you here is to talk about the Blue Spider Lily "

Surprised, all three girls quickly shot up their heads at the mention of the said flower. Shock is written on their faces, especially the Kocho Sisters.

" Blue Spider Lily? "

" Yes " The man nods. " I'm sure all of you are well acquainted with this one flower "

How could they not? After years of studying medical, it is impossible for them not to stumble upon the plant that might have been the cure for their Master's deadly disease. Which is why they spent so much time in searching about its whereabouts, because there is a high possibility it might also be a cure for demons' cruel desires, since it's the one who started all this mess in the first place.

" As you all know, Kibutsuji Muzan had been searching for it from thousands of years ago but always with no luck. And until this very day, its whereabouts are still a mystery to us " Says Kagaya.

" However, a rumor from a foreign merchant has spreads wildly among locals and other merchants about an anomalous flower " He adds.

Shinobu gulps, some thoughts have already pass through her mind regarding the said rumor and none of them are good.

" It says ' Far on West Land across the sea, bloomed a rare flower with electric blue petals, it is a cure and a poison. Those who seek it can only find the blossom once a year under the azure light of the moon ' "

She knew it. It is no doubt the said flower is the one Muzan's been itching for.

" But nothing in the rumor confirms it to be exactly the Blue Spider Lily, we don't know for sure " Voices Hikari suspicious.

" But there's a possibility, the flower grows depends on climate of its surroundings and the West side happens to have a perfect environment compare to here " Shinobu replies.

There are pros and cons in this discussion, the probability is 50-50.

" S-So, does that mean the Blue Spider Lily we've been searching for all this time.........grows across the ocean of our country? " Mitsuri asks hesitantly.

" High chances " Nod the siblings quietly.

" Though I'm afraid to tell you my children, this small rumor may had reached the ears of that man, his greed for power and perfection will only add fuel to his desire on having the flower. Which is why I'm calling you here today "

Hikari, Shinobu and Mitsuri perk their heads up, the time for their mission to be revealed put them all in a serious mode. Including the happy-go-lucky Mitsuri.

" I want you three to go across the sea, investigate the truth behind this rumor and find the Blue Spider Lily, bring it back so we could procced on making the demon cure "

The three hashiras nod simultaneously at the command.

" Understood "

__________☁☁☁__________
Taisho Secret
The golden eagle pictured earlier is the Kasugai Crow assigned to Hikari and Shinobu, his name is Ryuu. He is originally Kanae's but after her death he is given to her sisters, Ryuu is intelligent, serious and loyal to his masters but sometimes he can be a dork.