CHAPTER 3: Unwelcomed Arrival

Edited 15/10/2021

Five days have pass since their departure. Now Hikari, Shinobu and Mitsuri have finally arrive to their destination.

The Paradis Island.

And yes, it took them five days sailing across the sea and by the time they arrived it is already night, around 8 to 10 perhaps. The sky is pitch black with no stars nor moon and here they are standing in the middle of who-knows-where.

Hikari looks around but all she can see is nothing but old buildings and houses, no signs of human beings. Only them.

" This place looks abandoned " Mitsuri points out as her eyes scanning their surroundings cautiously, everything seems dull and old which give an eerie vibe to it.

The air is getting colder and the fact that none of them have eaten anything since afternoon is starting to mess with a certain pinkette's mind, specifically her tummy.

*Grumbles*

Hikari and Shinobu look aside to see a flushing red Mitsuri, her hands are covering up her face as she mumbles some incoherent apologies.

In response, the sisters just chuckle at the bubbly hashira. Shinobu shakes her head as Hikari only smiles at the flustered Mitsuri.

" I see, how about we continue this in the morning and proceed to find a place to sleep tonight " Suggests the oldest.

After a few minutes searching for a perfect spots, they found a small building not far from a river that looks clean and neat enough to stay. They all sit around a bonfire, resting their tired muscles after having dinner.

However, for some reason the blue-eyed woman can't shake this wary feelings in her guts, her nose keeps picking up a heavy scent of blood wherever they go even now when they are inside. And of course Shinobu and Mitsuri are aware of it too, their faces are slightly scrunched due to the strong smell.

Hikari narrows her eyes outside the window alertly, the three of them sit in restlessness for 10 quiet minutes until the eldest gets up and heads to the window.

" You two should go to sleep now, I'll be watching over in case of something" She says while deliberately observing the atmosphere outside.

" I'll stay awake t— "

" No, rest is essential. We have lots of things to do tomorrow " Hikari quickly interrupts.

" And so are yo— "

" It's only for an hour, after that I'll sleep. Don't worry " She once again interjects her sister.

Shinobu looks at Hikari unsatisfied, behind that reassuring smile she knows how exhausted her sister is, Shinobu wants her to rest as well but God knows how stubborn the older Kocho can be.

She sighs in frustration. " Fine "

Shinobu scoffs on her way, leaving Mitsuri standing awkwardly.

" Yes Mitsuri? "

" I'm not very sleepy yet, I could be the one staying up " She offers.

How sweet of her, Hikari thoughts.

" Thank you for offering but it's fine, I can manage "

Even though she feels quite bad, in the end Mitsuri just gives up. She walks toward her sleeping bag and says goodnight.

" Yeah, goodnight too "

An hour passes but Hikari still is cautious of the place, like something just doesn't feels right. Her eyes keep scanning the outside although there is nothing but darkness. Then, finally she decides to get up and heads to sleep for that's what she promises to do, if not tomorrow will be full of pesterings.