CHAPTER 2: Sweet Departure

Edited 15/10/2021

" You will be given a week to prepare all the necessities needed before departing, so no need to rush "

" Thank you, Master "

" No problem, you may dismissed now "

Each of them bow to the head of Demon Slayer Corps before vanishing from their spots, leaving the blind man alone in the room.

He sits there in quiet, unmoving. Until the door slides open and his wife, Ubuyashiki Amane walks in.

" I'm worried, Amane " He says when he feels her presence next to him.

" So am I, you can still cancel the mission you know " Replies the white-haired woman, softly trying to convince the husband as she cast her gaze down the floor.

" I can't, the man is willing to do anything and everything in his power to get that flower in his hand. I can't let him have the immortality to destroy this remaining humanity we have left, this flower is the key to end this silent war. We can't let it slip off our hand " Kagaya declares firmly to his wife.

Amane only looks at him with sorrow behind her lavander orbs. It is true of what he said, the man will find his way, he always do.

" Does that make me a bad leader,
Amane? "

The question shocks her for a moment, Kagaya gives her a bitter smile at the absence of answer.

" Sending my children off to another man's war, I don't think a great leader would do such things "

Amane takes his hand in hers, giving him a reassuring squeeze whilst trying to hide her own sadness.

" You are a good leader Kagaya, you truly are "

" If only I'm not born with this cursed disease, I won't think twice to go there myself instead of sending them " He genuinely confesses.

The couple just sit there in stillness as the birds' chirpings fill the silent space between them.

The wife slowly looks at her husband and offers him a smile despite his disability. Then, she says.

" They're strong, let's have faith in them "

__________☁☁☁__________

KNOCK! KNOCK!

" Come in! "

The expression of the fifteen-year old boy lights up upon seeing the Cloud Hashira walks in with her signature lop-sided smile.

" Hello Tanjiro, hope you're doing well "

" Hikari-san!!! Yes, I'm feeling great! "

Hikari notices the two empty beds on Tanjiro's each sides, she can't help but asks about his two other comrades.

" Oh, Zenitsu is in the bathroom and Inosuke........well, he said he was hungry so probably in the kitchen with Aoi "

She hums in response whilst taking a sit beside his bed.

" So, how's your Total Concentration Breathing going? Getting better? Perhaps learning new skills? " Asks Hikari curiously.

" Hmm, I'm still learning but I can maintain it 24 hours now! " Says the boy proudly, showing her his toothy smile that shines almost like the sun.

Which somehow reminds her of a certain fellow hashira of hers, the one who always carrying a bright smile everywhere he goes.

She nods knowing his progress, but soon her expression changes into a slightly serious one making Tanjiro a bit nervous.