23

Chapter 23 | Panic Attack

Seokjin sat on the sofa, rubbing his temple. There was a new problem. Jungkook had just called the older Hybrid, letting him know that Jungkook had, in fact, started his rut. It was triggered because their pack was finally complete, and that all the other male Hybrids might also get their ruts triggered as well.

He was worried about you. He had heard things from his other Hybrid friends that Hybrids with mates of the opposite gender tend to be more aggressive and possessive over their mates during their ruts. He didn't want to scare you, being in a home with seven horny Hybrids. Especially since six of them were considered to be Predator Hybrids, three of whom were considered to be at the top of the Hybrid Predator Group. Not to mention, their only Prey Hybrid was a Bunny Hybrid. Possibly the most hormonal type of Hybrid out there.

Because of his worry, Seokjin told Jungkook to buy enough suppressants for all seven of them. Now the only thing that was on his mind was that Jungkook had already gone into rut, and the suppressants weren't going to help all that much. He just had to make sure that Jungkook was never in the home alone with you. It wouldn't be too difficult in getting you to wear Scent Blockers, since you've been doing that religiously before that morning.

The Samoyed Hybrid let out a frustrated sigh. Things were perfect just a few hours ago. He had smelled your scent for the first time and was able to scent you. It was absolute perfection.

But now, he had to worry about the other Hybrids and himself going into rut and possibly trying to force themselves on you. He didn't know how you were going to react to it, but he was going to keep you safe. Even if it is from themselves.

He walked up to your door and carefully knocked on it. When you didn't answer, he slightly opened the door. Only to see you laying on your bed, peacefully taking a nap. A small smile crept onto his face as he saw your peaceful face.

"Y/N," he said softly, slightly feeling bad that he had to wake you from your peaceful slumber.

You groaned as you opened your eyes. "Oppa?"

Seokjin had to bite back the smile that was forming on his face. If there was a heaven on earth, this would be it.

"Is there something wrong?" You asked, your voice still full of sleep.

"Kind of," Seokjin admitted quietly, causing your sleep to disappear instantly.

You sat up and looked to Seokjin, worry filling your eyes. "What is it? Do I need to hit someone? Do I need to kill someone? Is everyone safe?"

The older Hybrid chuckled and shook his head. "I know you trust us enough to not wear your Scent Blocker, but I think you need to wear them around us for the time being," Seokjin told you carefully, not wanting to offend you in any way.

"Oh? Why?" You asked tilting your head, confused. As Seokjin was the one who thanked you and scented you earlier that day.

"Well, the thing is..." Seokjin began, as he rubbed the back of his neck. He didn't know how to go about telling you about you possibly triggering their ruts. "You joining our pack, and giving us the mental stability that our pack is finally completed, triggered Jungkook's rut. Apparently, it's a bit too late for the suppressant to work, and if he smells you, it might put him into a frenzy. Sorry."

"Oh," you said shocked at the information presented to you by the elder. "Sure, I'll put it on. It's no big deal. I've been doing it for about 12 years anyway," you said with a reassuring smile, telling Seokjin that you're not mad or upset about triggering their ruts. You knew that it was going to be worse on them than you.

Jungkook opened the door of the home, his body feeling hotter than before. There was a knot in his stomach that was making him very uncomfortable to the point that it was very painful. Ever since he was of age, he's had many ruts, but this one was more painful than all the other ones he's ever gone through.

As soon as he walked into the house, the pain got worse. A sweet scent of strawberries filled his nose. Mate. The pain in his stomach grew much more. He wanted to find you. No, he had to find you. He needed you.

The Bunny Hybrid let out a growl he never knew he could. He started sniffing around, trying to find the source of the sweet smell of strawberries that seemed to cloud his mind.

"Jungkook?"

Seokjin rushed into the foyer when he heard the growl of his youngest mate. And there Jungkook was, almost down on his hands and knees, breathing heavily, face tinted red, as he was sniffing the air around him.

Without another thought, Seokjin rushed over to Jungkook. Wanting to help him in any way possible. As soon as the elder got close to the younger Hybrid, the younger Hybrid's head snapped up. Growling, the Bunny Hybrid aggressively started sniffing Seokjin's neck.

"Shit," Seokjin mentally slapped himself. He only just remembered how your scent would still be on him, after the scenting.

"Mate," Jungkook growled. "Where's my mate?"

"Oppa? Is everything okay?" You walked out of your bedroom. You were worried since Seokjin very abruptly left your room without any explanation.

You froze in your spot when you saw Jungkook's eyes snapping in your direction. There was a sort of feral look that you had seen before. Only once before. 12 years ago.

Jungkook shook Seokjin away from him with a very loud growl that didn't seem possible for the Prey Hybrid. As soon as Seokjin was on the floor, Jungkook headed in your direction. At that moment, he was more like a predator, stalking his prey.

"Y/N-ah, go to your room now!" Seokjin yelled.

You didn't need to be told twice. Seokjin's voice unfroze you. You immediately turned and ran into your bedroom. Not a second after you shut the door and locked it, you heard Jungkook hitting the door.

"Y/N-ah!" You heard Jungkook's voice as he pounded on the door. "Noona!"

"Go away," you muttered over and over again under your breath. Putting your hands around your ear, to block out any sounds.

You couldn't stop yourself from shaking. Terrible memories of that night began to flood your head.

"Y/N-ah" Chanseong growled as he was pounding on your door.

"Go away!" You yelled, fear engulfing your body. "Go away!"

Much to your dismay and your horror, there was a ferocious growl on the other side of the door. You could hear Chanseong slamming into your door, over and over again. Slowly, you could hear the wooden door begin to crack. Then with a terrifying loud noise, you saw that your door was broken.

"Finally," Chanseong growled when the door completely broke from his strength.

"Stay away! Stop!" You yelled as the Leopard Hybrid pounced on you. You struggled to get out of his grip.

"Stop, fighting," he growled, dangerously close to your ear. "It won't hurt. I promise."

☆