Chapter Seven

A few days passed before the three of us went on our second 'official' date. It was a simple dinner out, instead of at my house. Then another date occurred a few days after that. Then another the day following that. And soon I realized that I was spending nearly every day with them.

How did that happen?

I silently counted my lucky stars that nothing became serious too fast. Just kissing was weird when you had to kiss one guy and then turn to kiss the other. Nico was taking it easy on me, never pushing for more and he always was the first to catch on to my uneasiness. Cole, on the other hand, could not be stopped by a one hundred mile-high brick wall with titanium fortifying it. He couldn't take any hint I threw his way.

And right now was the perfect example.

We were kissing at my front door as they said their goodbyes after a nice evening out and someone's hand, I was ninety-nine percent sure that it was Cole's, reached up my dress to grip my bare cheek.

I immediately turned bright red and had to rush to my bathroom to calm down. Cole followed me into the apartment, blocking my bathroom door when I tried to close it.

"Cole... please..." I muttered as I shook my head and held my cool hands to my fire-hydrant-red cheeks to bring them back down to my skin tone. At this point, I was beyond embarrassed and his staring made it worse.

"No. All of my pleases have been turned down by you. So why should I listen to you now when you never stop to hear me out?"

Nico came stomping down the hall at his comment that I was too shocked to reply to. He shouted angrily to his horny brother to stop, but Cole kept his eyes trained on mine.

"Listen, just listen for once. I'm not trying to push you down a road that you aren't ready for, but I need to know that you're at least open to this kind of relationship. Just tell me if we're not the thing you need and I'll understand. Or, if you do really need more time, tell me, be straightforward. No more waltzing around my advances."

Now Nico was standing just behind his brother, completely blocking me into my tiny bathroom. And they were both looking at me expectantly.

I took a deep breath before saying the thing I might regret, "It's not that I'm not ready. I just don't want to go too far, too fast."

Nico laughed at my words. "My little Mia, we can respect that. Totally. Just tell us when and we'll be ready. I think Cole is just scared that we aren't all on the same page."

"Tonight then?" I asked innocently, staring down at the white tile.

"Hmm?" They both questioned at the same time. When I looked up, I couldn't help but laugh at their wide-eyed expressions. Like two puppies who were told that they're going for a ride.

I nodded to answer their unspoken question and, just like that, I was pulled from the bathroom and rushed into my bedroom by eager hands guiding me forward. Not a word was said as they got me undressed to my bra and panties. They knew to stop there.

Cole picked me up by my waist and placed me in the center of my queen bed. In the background, Nico was still getting out of his sports jacket and popping the first few buttons of his shirt. Cole already did all of that sometime between the bathroom and the bedroom. When both of them were finally on my bed, I realized that my once big bed was suddenly so much smaller.

"Can I kiss you?" Cole asked while hovering over me.

I nodded because... What was so wrong with kissing?

It started with a small kiss on the lips and then he kissed behind my ear, a place that I never knew could be so sensitive, and then the kisses just kept traveling lower and lower and lower.