Chapter Fourteen

There's nothing quite like waking up in a new house and clean bedroom. This was a new feeling for me. The upstairs master bedroom in this house had the best view of the distant city behind my backyard. Far enough to view in appreciation but close enough for me to get to work in good time.

Work.

I threw the comforter off and vaulted from my bed. Along the way, I grabbed the outfit from yesterday and shoved my legs into the jeans while awkwardly stumbling down the stairs looking like a penguin. I slid into the shirt just in time because I rounded the corner to the kitchen and there sat the boys.

Nico looked me over once and smirked, "There's a new set of clothes for you in the bag next to the door. Your shirt is inside out and backwards..."

I looked down and found that he wasn't lying. How did I manage that?

"Clothing is optional for breakfast though." Cole winked at me.

"Oh, you wish." I playfully winked back and went to fetch the bag at the door. Instead of going back upstairs to change, I just did it in the foyer. Fresh panties, bra, dark jeans, and a light blue silk top had been chosen for me by someone. And I didn't mind the style, to be honest.

I walked back into the kitchen and now felt good enough to be looked upon by the guys who were already dressed and ready to head out the door.

"Blueberry pancakes?" Nico questioned as I sat down at the breakfast bar next to Cole.

Before I commented on the blatant display of catering to my good side, Cole beat me to it.

He nudged me with his shoulder. "Do you really think we'd make you live here and not stock the place with your favorite foods? Come on. Have some faith in us."

It's only nine a.m. and already found myself rolling my eyes at Cole. If being around him is going to become the norm then my eyes might roll out of my head one day.

Nico, as it turns out, is a master chef. He can cook blueberry pancakes without burning them; that deserves some recognition. Pancakes may have been the first thing I learned how to make but even they were the 'Just Add Water' kind. These were crafted from a measured out ingredient batter and made with love. 

I finished every last bite and scooped up all the remaining syrup on the last piece. Cleaning my plate just to make him satisfied. "So what's the first thing on today's to-do list?"

Cole slid the rest of his Starbucks coffee my way and I drank it happily as they went over the plans.

"First..." Nico began listing off things that would probably take my procrastinating butt a whole month to finish.

At the end, I just stared blankly at him. "And that's the list of things we have to do this week, right?"

"Today."

I chugged the rest of the coffee and laid my head on the marble countertop, groaning when the need to close my eyes overcame me. Guess there would be no after breakfast nap that I was so accustomed to at my apartment.

A pair of hands landed on my shoulders and I jumped in surprise, relaxing once those gentle hands began massaging my neck and surrounding areas. Whilst the two hands were busy on my upper body, I nearly had a heart attack when another set worked on my lower body. At first, it was innocent and he was just massaging my hips and lower back... Then my jeans were unbuttoned and falling to my knees.

"I thought... I thought that we were supposed to pack up my old place first. That's what you said, Nico..." My lips trembled when someone started toying with the hem of my thong.