Truth x and x Revelations

Your gaze never left the TV even after your phone rang. The clock read 1:23am. Expecting a spam call, you were surprised when you heard your friend's voice.

"Hey Y/n! I thought you were asleep for a second!" Adrianna, your best friend (really your only friend), greeted you with such enthusiasm it exhausted you. 

"Haven't I told you, I never sleep." You replied.

"Whatever, what are you doing tomorrow? I'm out of school for the semester! Wanna hang out?" 

The thought excited you of doing something other than eating all day. Of course with Adrianna it would likely be a movie or dinner since you two had no similar interests. 

"Sure, whatever you want to do." That was your usual answer and she usually accepted it, but not today.

"Actually, could you decide? I'm out of ideas and there's nothing interesting playing in theaters." The decision being up to you caused you anxiety, sure there were a few things you might want to do but would she enjoy them? 

"Are you sure? I don't know what to do either.." you replied.

"Surprise me!" That was the last thing you heard before the phone went silent. 

As you laid back into your sheets the sound of the Hunter x Hunter outro rang in your ears. Adventure was what you were expecting when you graduated but instead you were surrounded by loneliness. Of course you never minded being alone, nothing expected of you, but what was next? Where was the passion in your life? You were weak, boring, and plain. That's what you were called in school, but what did you expect? You never went out of your way to interact or participate. After all, what would be the point? 

A reason was all you wanted. A reason to put in the effort and a goal to reach. 

An adventure.

You closed your eyes imagining all the different scenarios you would never be in. The thrills you would never get to experience.

Then you woke up.

_______________________________________

Opening your eyes you were surprised by the brightness. Were you moving? You shot up with alarm as your body swayed from right to left. Your back was sore because you were now laying on hardwood. Had you somehow gotten kidnapped in your sleep? Who would kidnap you? 

Looking around, you noticed sick people everywhere. The air was heavy and it made you uncomfortable. 

You noticed a small green boy bouncing around in a hurry. Amongst the sick people there were three others. A small boy with green hair, a teen with blonde hair and a strange outfit, and a grown man in a suit. 

Ok… you were dreaming.

Noticing you, the small boy approached you. 

"Hello! I'm Gon! I was worried you had gotten sick as well but you must have been sleeping!" 

Gon. Wait Gon? Now you knew you were dreaming. The child smiled happily waiting for your response.

"Um…Hello. My name's y/n!" You replied, trying to match his energy. 

His smile got even brighter if possible.

"Y/n! That's such a pretty name!"

 You manage to muster out a thank you and attempt to get up. The boat made you lose your footing but you managed to stand. 

Gon looked down and grabbed a small bag, handing it to you. Confused you hesitantly took it. 

"This must be yours! It has your name on it!" 

Thanking him again you asked for directions to the bathroom. Pointing in the direction you recognized to other two people as Kurapika and Leorio.  

Passing them managing not to stare you practically ran to the bathroom, locking yourself in. Looking in the small rusty mirror you could see that your hair was a mess and your clothes looked shredded and stained. Looking into the bag for something helpful. 

You found a change of clothes in your size, a tracksuit with a bra, shorts, leggings, t-shirt, and a hoodie. Prioritizing hygiene, you changed and washed your face. Looking into the bag again you found two bottles of water, a pair of shoes, a first aid kit, your phone, a knife, and a mixture of granola bars and pop tarts. 

(Outfit example)

(Outfit example)

Pulling out your phone next you tried to call anyone in your contacts. You tried calling your best friend, your mom, and even 911 but the numbers didn't reach. Suddenly you noticed a message from a private number. 

-Hello y/n. I do hope you are enjoying your time in this change of scenery. Welcome to your new reality! 

Here you can escape the dreary existence you previously lived. You can find a few gifts from me in the bag but other than that you're on your own. Consider it a free trial, you may opt out in a year. Until then find your passion.

Sincerely the Director

Authors note:

Thank you so much for reading this! Currently I have so many ideas of where to go with this and I might edit this chapter a bit. This is my first ever fanfic so please go easy on me :)