A

Maki was hastily training, practising swift movements with her cursed tools. It was a horribly hot day that day, but she ignored the sweat that dripped down her face and continued on.

Besides her, her second year senpai was on the benches, lazing about. She knew Hakari was deemed as quite powerful, he had quite the reputation after all, but she clenched her teeth at the thought that his power was so effortless. There was no use in being jealous, however.

"Hey, Kinji!"

Maki turned her head, distracted by your voice. You were walking over to Hakari, in the stands, not wearing your typical uniform. It was the hours after school, so it made sense. It just felt odd.

She shook her head and rolled her shoulders before going back to her task, now annoyed at herself for allowing herself to succumb to every distraction that came her way. But, she had to admit, it was hard not to listen to your conversation.

"We should go to the beach sometime," you suggested, waving your face with your hand, to get some form of cool air on the humid day. Maki's eyes travelled down, to see you sweating through your clothes- which looked unfairly good on you- and the way your legs were crossed over the other despite the heat which would make anyone sit with their legs spread so their legs wouldn't stick.

As Hakari agreed with you, you noticed Maki's eyes trail from chest to your legs, and you grinned. You leaned over closer to Hakari, blocking her view with your hand, and whispering close to his ear. "That Zenin kouhai of ours is pretty cute, don't you think?"

Hakari raised an eyebrow at you, before his eyes snapped over to Maki. She had her eyes narrowed on the two of you before, so she immediately made eye contact with him. Quickly, her eyes darted away.

"Eh. A bit too hot tempered for me."

You rolled your eyes. "And that's coming from you?"

"Exactly, I'd need a girl to even me out," His lips quickly formed a teasing grin. "She's your type though, so I see how you like her."

You looked up at her, as she swung around her cursed tool, now focused on her task. Her movements caused her to stir up some wind, so her hair flew around a bit, her ponytail coming loose and strands of hair flying in her face. She blew it away quickly.

"My type?" You repeated, looking up at him questionably. "And what is that?"

"Confident, strong women. That's the base, at least."

You rolled your eyes. "That's too basic of an answer. You don't actually know my type."

He shrugged, leaning back. "You don't either, why should I? All I know is that right now, your type is her."

You groaned, uncrossing your legs and burying your head in them. "What if she's straight?"

"I highly doubt it with the way she was staring at you," he answered, more confident than you were. "I mean, have you actually had a conversation with her?"

"You have?"

"We're her senpais, she can't just ignore us when we speak to her. Just give her some tips for training to start a conversation," he advised. "You shouldn't have such a hard time with that. And you're already up."

"Hey Maki!" Makis head turned to where you sat. Her forehead glistened with sweat. She took off her glasses as she walked towards you rubbing her eyes and nose, before putting them back on. When she'd walked up, you were grinning cheekily. "You look cute without your glasses."

Maki quickly bit her cheek, to stop from getting flustered. It didn't work. "W-what is it?"

"You wanna go to McDonald's when your done training? I'm craving some fries right now."

"I mean- can't you go with Hakari senpai?" She asked, wiping her hands on her skirt.

"I can't make it," Hakari spoke up, eyes closed.

"It doesn't look like you're the busy type," Maki muttered under her breath, making you laugh. Hearing that, she looked back up at you. "Alright. I was done anyways."

You looked her up and down. "Are you coming in your uniform?"

Maki tugged at her clothes before looking back at you. "Is there something wrong with it?"

"No, you look beautiful," you winked, wrapping an arm around her shoulders. "But I don't want my babygirl to be all sweaty and sticky. It's uncomfortable. C'mon, I got some clothes that I was meaning to give you cause they don't fit me."

Shit. It was getting harder and harder to hide the blush.