viii.

❝ There is no sunrise so beautiful that it is worth waking me up to see it

❝ There is no sunrise so beautiful that it is worth waking me up to see it. ❞

— Mindy Kaling

Bonnie was in her poetry/world literature class, boredly watching the movie their substitute was showing them, their teacher was sick.

The demon witch tensed when out of the corner of her eyes she spotted two figures walking past the open door. Bonnie's eyes narrowed as she rose from her seat, stepping out of the class.

She walked down the hallway turning a corner, in the distance she spotted Emily and a ways behind the Bennett witch was her magic in the form of herself, in the form of Samael. Emily and her magic turned a corner.

Bonnie hurried after them and when she turned the corner found herself standing before the tomb. Emily was standing a few paces away from her, her magic a few paces away from her ancestor.

"Help me," Emily breathed out, "Help me and I can help you."

"You can help me get my magic back?"

"I can," Emily glanced to the magic behind her.

"What's stopping me from just catching it and getting it back myself?" Bonnie wondered.

"Because you know you won't be able to."

"...Good point."

"Will you help me?"

"I will."

She blinked and found herself in class again. She tensed suddenly and glanced to the side to see Emily staring pointedly at her. 

"No tricks, no loopholes, Silvertongue," Emily spoke, "Will you help me?"

"I will," Bonnie swore.

Bonnie jumped as Emily's magic flared, eyes snapping open, finding herself in her bed.

✕✕✕✕✕

"And he snuck out before I woke up," Caroline scoffed as the duo walked toward school, "How lame is that?"

"I don't think it's really that lame," Bonnie replied, "Matt probably just didn't want to get the two of you in trouble with your mom."