xxvi.

❝ You are obsessed with Will Graham

❝ You are obsessed with Will Graham. ❞

❝ I am intrigued. ❞

❝ Obsessively. ❞

— Dr. Bedelia Du Maurier and Dr. Hannibal Lecter

quick note: this chapter's gonna be pretty short 'cause I wanted the sacrifice to be a different chapter so yeah (but updates should be done relatively close to each other)

Elijah gasped for air, eyes snapping open.

His initial thought was 'Bonnie!' but all thoughts fell blank as he was overwhelmed with pain, body convulsing violently.

"Elijah," A familiar figure was kneeling over him as he panted, desperate to breath, "Elijah!"

"Katerina!" Elijah gasped as his skin returned to normal, remembering their first meeting all those centuries ago.

"Elijah! It's me, it's Elena, shhh," She looked nervously in the direction of the door.

"...Bonnie..." Elijah exhaled before he fell unconscious against the floor.

Elena hesitantly moved forward and touched Elijah's neck before his bones were snapping. Elijah struggled to his feet.

"I can't-I can't breathe!" He exclaimed.

He fell to his hands and knees gasping for air.

"What's happened to me?" He sped for the door but ran into a wall, staggering back in pain, "I can't-I can't be in this house," He realized.

"You're not invited in," Elena caught on.

"You need to get me out of here," he demanded but he didn't wait for her, instead speeding out of the cell, running into various walls before finally he was outside, gasping for air hungrily at the front door.

Not long later Elena arrived and Elijah, finally calming glared at her. He lunged at her but was locked outside the house.

"What happened?" He glowered.

"Shh!" Elena hissed softly, finger to her lips before pointing up, "I'll tell you," She whispered, "Not here. Can I trust you?" She asked softly.

"Can I trust you?" Elijah countered because no, she could not trust him.