ICECREAM KISS

Time passed faster after that. Maya was noticed everywhere. The girl who rejected Jeeth, The girl whom Adhi walked away with. It was like maya became a celebrity at NLU in a day. Everywhere maya went she was expecting Jeeth to jump up and murder her with an axe. But he was a no show. Even if he saw maya he would walk away as if nothing happened.

Weeks passed. Maya and Adhi spent most of the time together. Libraries, his football matches. Anywhere Jeeth could intercept maya adhi made sure he would be with her. Adhi believed that he looking to strike at the right moment.

They got closer too. They would talk about his past with Jeeth and khushi. About his family. Just like maya he too was sensitive about something and didnt want to talk much about it.They talked about Jeeth what he does to manipulate the students to fall at his feet. About how dangerous he was.

When adhi felt that maya was getting afraid from the truth he would make her feel safe. There was no confession or anything yet. He never touched her except hold her hands. But maya knew. A part of her knew that she liked him too. It was too old to be a crush now.

As she watched him scroll through the list of ice creams infront of stall sorrounded with dozens of children. It was fun to watch a grown man waiting in line with kids to buy icecream for her.

It was weekend evening and when adhi called her to hang out she couldn't find a reason to say no.
She didnt want to say no. She waited for him at the open table of the icecream stall just next to her college.

Adhi returned with 3 cups of icecream.

"Whose the 3rd one for?"  Maya asked adhi

"For us. Its a new flavor we should try."

"What is it?"

"Mint chocolate" he took a big scoop of it and ate it.

"Izzz gooodd" the words were slurry due to his frozen tongue.

Maya laughed and ate her vannilla icecream.

"Vanilla is much better im sure"

"Lemme try" Adhi began to take a scoop of maya's icecream but she slapped his hands away.Adhi pouted and brought his hands around the mint choco as if he was protecting it. Maya laughed again.

"You know when i was in kerala. Me and my cousin Tara used to stay at my grandma's place for the vacations. My Ammuma is obsessed with these daily soaps in tv. When she sits down to watch even if the house burned down she wouldn't notice."

She took another scoop of her ice cream "Me and Tara used to sneak out every night at 7 to eat icecream at a nearby store . The uncle there would give us icecream for half the price and charge the half to Amumma's credit. Poor gran must be wondering why her credit at the store is rapidly increasing" Maya chuckled at the memory she looked up from her icecream and found Adhi watching her.

"What?"

Adhi's jaw twitched. He looked distracted. "Nothing"

Maya began to pry further but froze due to the action he did after that. His arm rose in the air, his big hand reaching for her face very slowly.Her eyes bounced from that hand to his face and found his gaze fixated somewhere to the right of her lips.And then, before she could stop what was about to happen, his thumb touched her skin.

Very softly. He was brushing the corner of her mouth.All and every complaint died when his finger swiped over her skin.

"Nothing" he repeated distractedly.

Maya simply remained frozen in place. Feeling how that simple contact against her skin seemed to awaken fire all across her body.A shaky breath left her.Only then did Adhis eyes looked up and meet hers.It made her blood swirl, it rose to her  neck, her cheeks. Spreading out as she  held his gaze, his eyes turning a little darker.