17

Wrapping my arms around myself to get a little bit of warmth in this cold, dark night, I sat on the bench under the open sky in the park near my house.

I had run away after yelling at Taehyung and Jungkook, without any shoes on, in my pajamas. They had yelled at me to get back, but they didn't follow me. I pulled my legs closer to my chest, wrapping my arms around them.

I looked at the full moon with tears following down my cheeks. I just couldn't wrap my head around the fact that these people, who are supposedly my stepbrothers, can stand this low, and for what? Jealousy?

What if I do tell them who I am? Than what? They will be all happy and start saying sorry. None of them have the right to treat anyone like this. And I don't need their apology if it's just to want their sister back. I want them to be sorry because they know what they have done is not right.

Do they really have to hurt me like this? Do they have no dignity in them that they can do something like this to a girl?

I feel disappointed in the fact that these are my brothers'. I would have been better without any of them.

I wipped my tears. I don't want to go back to that house. And I don't think I'll ever be able to feel safe in my own room, fearing that any minute he can come inside and hurt me.

I don't even want to think about what he will do to me when he sees me next time.
Namjoon: "Y/n? What are you doing here?"

I looked to my left to find Namjoon standing there in blue jeans and a black button-up full-sleeve shirt. He was looking at me curiously, but his expression became worried as his eyes saw the tears that were flowing from my eyes.

Namjoon: "Y/n? What happened? Why are you crying?"
He sat beside me on the bench and tried to wipe them away, but they kept flowing. My silent tears turned into loud sobs as I clutched his shirt in both my fists.

Namjoon: "What happened? Y/n? You're making me worried."
How am I supposed to tell him what his brothers have done to me? Will he even believe me? After all, they are his brothers, and I'm just a stepsister.

My cries increased as I started to doubt if he would even believe me. Or will anyone ever believe me? My chest squeezed in pain as I struggled to breathe, but all I could do was sob.

Y/n: "Please believe me. Bel-ieve me. I promise I'm not lying, I swear." I could barely form the words. I could see tears glistening in his eyes. But I kept repeating those words, shaking my head and looking at him.

Namjoon: "Believe what? Y/n. What happened?" He pulled me in for a hug when he saw I wasn't able to speak. Rubbing my back, I cried out the pain that's been eating me from the inside.

Namjoon: "I will always believe you, Y/n. You have all of my trust. Please stop crying."

His words gave me a little bit of hope. Just a little. Maybe, just maybe, I don't have to fight on my own. So, instead of thinking that maybe he's lying, I told him everything. Without stopping or keeping anything from him, I told him everything. From the day I first met Hyun-woo to the abuse to all the things he said and did today I told him about Jungkook and Taehyung.

And all this time, he didn't pull me away from the hug. But I could feel the wetness dripping from his eyes on my shoulder. When I finished, he let me cry while keeping me in a tight hold.

Only when I poured out all of my sorrows did he pull back, cup my cheeks, and say
Namjoon: "You've been so strong and brave, my Rosie. But now I am here for you. I will fight for you now. I'm so sorry I have been a part of those people who have hurt you. I promise I will earn your forgiveness."