+ seventeen

so we stick to our agreement.

when given the option, i avoid him and he avoids me. i stick to charlie and ted whenever he's with noah and cooper and things reverse whenever we switch. the group just seems to divide that way.

filming for lunch club feels a little more professional now. i have no more reluctance to work with them and so things are more enjoyable. schlatt becomes just a guy i work for who's pretty funny but still makes the occasional shitty joke that reminds me why we have this arrangement.

we record a diagnosing fake illnesses video and it does way better than the zoo and robbing youtubers videos we did ages ago. we even get the little camera on screen and i joke that it's gonna be more famous than me.

lunch club gains quite a following these days but the boys don't seem as enthusiastic as they once were. cooper wants to focus more on his skating skills, noah and schlatt seem to be growing apart, travis starts spending more time with the misfits.

i try my best to just keep them going as long as i can, but behind the scenes there's talk of change.

weeks pass and my stream viewership seems to plateau. schlatt comes on the minecraft series occasionally and out arguing gets more views than i'd like it to .. on the one hand, popularity, but on the other, he sucks still..

my views are averaging just a little below connor but i need more if i want to really make a career out of this because he's got youtube getting him extra money and i have this lunch club work instead. i could switch to twitch and youtube but that's risky. what i could really use right now is something to boost my viewership. i've streamed countless times with minx and that's got some viewers too.

i think back to this dating game connor was talking about a while ago. minx is going on it apparently and if i'm honest .. i kinda want to go on hers. i miss her these days ... i miss what we had ... maybe through this little show i could gain views and find out how she really feels about me.

i message connor about this little up and coming show that's been in the works for months now.

conar

is your friend austin setting up that show soon?

oh yeah next week!
he had some cancelling issues
he's back now though it's gonna be good
it's called Love Or Host
a bunch of people compete for one person and at the end you find out if the winning competitors were doing it for actual love or just to get views

oh my god that sounds so good
i want to do that haha
i know exactly how to get so many views

i'll let him know you're interested!
some big names joining too
i think schlatt's gonna be on

course he would he loves being mean for views
feel bad for whoever gets him on their ep

this week we film some shopping trip but my mind is elsewhere, thinking of what to say on this show. travis is being a sweetie though which makes me chuckle. and schlatt seemed to be less annoying too. he was genuinely interested in telling me about all his ebay endeavours. he probably thought my camera was on or something.

i think if i'm nice to minx and chose love ... it won't definitely end bad if she says no. we could always stay friends still. platonic love, right?

after filming we head home pretty fast and ted asks schlatt and i to cook. he's been pretty nice today so i don't mind and he seems okay with it too.

"alright this is a stir fry thingy i used to make. what veggies can you try to eat?"
"none."
"shut up numbnuts, just be honest."
"no." he grabs a knife and taps it against the chopping board.
"well i'm gonna throw in broccoli, red pepper and onions."
"ONIONS?" he screeches, disgusted.
"you were fine with them last time!" i laugh.
"fine. just add loads of sauce and chicken."
"i will. i'll do the noodles too my ma taught me how to make them perfectly."
"look at you, big chef schlaggy." i chuck him the veggies.
he smiles at me and chops the onions just like i taught him way back when we first met.

"are you going on austin's show next week?" he makes conversation while chopping the broccoli.
"yeah most likely. do you know justaminx?"
"that girl you stream with? yeah, yeah."
"we uh .. used to be friends-"

"well what happened?" he drops the knife. "shit-"

"we .. grew apart .."
"oh.. i get that." he nods.
" ... we were always better off as friends."
"mm?"
"oh nothing."

"i was gonna go on her love or host though. just gonna see yknow?"
"hmm .. are you into women only?"
"what do you mean?"
".. you gay?"
"i date who i like, regardless of gender." i think quietly and stir the sauce and other veggies.

"you're just going on as her friend though right?"
"yeah .. are- are you gonna go on anyone's?"
"maybe this chess girl's but ... i'm not sure. can a guy even be the main person?"
"of course!"
"that'd be fun. women thirsting over me."
"oh shut up man." i punch his arm.
"you'll probably be there. thirsting over me." he makes a handsome squidward face.
"don't flatter yourself. you'll always be an asshat."

we finish up dinner and the others love it. schlatt and i accept complements with the least amount of modesty.

after we eat i head to my room to stream again and schlatt stops me before i actually start streaming.

"hey, good luck next week."
"thanks." i smile, "you were nice tonight. i appreciate that."
"i think i'll stick to being an asshole but thanks."
i shake my head and sigh.
"see ya."
"see ya, schlaggy."