chapter 27

I woke up to see a bare impression in the blanket next to me. Letting out a yawn and sitting up, I scanned the tree line for him, unsuccessful. "What do you think?" I heard his voice and spun around. He was dressed in jeans and a white sweatshirt, very handsome . He held out a tray which consisted of breakfast foods. French toast, sausage, pancakes. "Wow, thank you! How'd you get them?" I asked, as he handed them to me. He sat down next to me and laughed. "IHop."

"What?" I dropped the piece of French toast I had dipped in maple syrup. "I paid, don't worry." he rolled his eyes. I started eating and noticed he was watching me. "What?" I asked, raising an eyebrow. "Nothing. You're cute when you eat."

Noah's P.O.V

I wanted to punch myself. You look cute when you eat? I was such an idiot. But of course, Anna never failed to impress me, giving me a lop sided grin. After she was done, we packed our things up and I hopped into the drivers seat and Anna got in. Damn it! I forgot to open the door for her. I muttered to myself and backed out, driving fast. "Noah slow down." I heard her say and sighed. "Hey if we get pulled over, it's your fault." she crossed her arms. "Well, we're not really around people but okay." I gave in and dropped to 55. She leaned over and kissed me on my cheek. "thank you." she kissed me lightly. I smirked, that was a nice reward. We talked about unimportant stuff, but when I talked with Anna it seemed important. Driving again, I felt guilty that she'd have to put up with this for half a year. We were headed towards Flordia, though right now we were only maybe two hours away. Those two hours flew by fast and soon we were there. "Welcome to Flordia!" Anna smiled as we passed the sign that marked the state border. "Our family owns a cottage down near Miami, we'll head there." I said.

Anna's P.O.V. (back to normal)

Being in Florida where it was warmer and sunnier reminded me of being back in California. I liked that, it made me feel more at home. Another few hours of driving I fell asleep through until Noah woke me up and it was night time. We were at a motel in a busy town and in our room. "Theres a miniature golf course here." he raised an eyebrow and walked towards me. "Im bad at that. Trust me." I laughed and stood up, entwining my fingers into his. "I'll go easy on you, don't worry." he laughed and left.

I met up with him, who had gotten us clubs and balls. The course was fairly big, with some hand made decorations here and there you could tell the owner put them there.

"So, you first Madame." Noah waved his hand and I rolled my eyes, dropping the ball down and getting ready to swing. I swung and missed, my clumsy old self. "Damn it."He just laughed and I felt my face getting hot. I blushed way too easily. "Hey, I'll teach you." he smiled and wrapped his arms around me, directing the club in my hands. A classic romantic movie scene. "Alright. Its simple. Lift up like this and follow through." I hit the ball and it landed near the hole. "Not perfect but better." he half grinned. I turned to face him-he was still holding on to me. His grin disappeared as his jaw clenched and his eyes grew intense. "It's on." I whispered and we kissed. The game was laid back, well at least for me. Noah was taking it way too seriously. After the game, he wanted to play with a group of guys who had showed up, so I went back to the room. I found this as a chance to call Denise. "Anna?" I heard her desperate voice through the phone. "Hey Denise." I sighed and explained everything to her. It was nice to vent everything to her. After about a half hour I hopped into the luke warm shower and came out. I changed into my bra and underwear, and searched for a tee-shirt. I pulled it on and suddenly the door opened. I gasped and tried pulling the shirt down to cover up. Noah stood there, staring at me. "You always have to show up at the worst of times." i gave up and the shirt rose above my underwear. I could see his eyes on me and bit my lip. His eyes moved to mine. "I wouldn't say this is a worst time." he said huskily and walked over to me, twirling a piece of my hair on his index finger. "How was the golfing?" I asked, trembling with desire. "Good." he whispered and placed his hands on my waist. Then, his hands moved down, to where my shirt stopped and he placed his hands under it, moving them to the back of me and picking me up. His hands were firm and my bare legs wrapped around him. He ran his hand down my leg and started kissing my neck. It became faster, more intense. He pulled his shirt off and placed me on the bed, on top of me.

That night we hadnt gone all the way. We had gotten close, but didn't to my relief. I didn't know if I was ready for that. We ate the cheap breakfast and moved on. Today we'd be arriving at his cottage.