2 - Cool Uncle

"Jake, please be the responsible one, he may look like a man but he's only eighteen," my mom begs and dad and I chuckle at the same time

Leave it to my mom to be worried all the time.

"What does that even mean? Didn't I take care of him and Jeremy when you guys went on your honeymoon?" He complains.

He's struggling physically since Jeremy and Wilder are hanging upside down, one in each arm, like little monkeys. That's the beauty of visiting Uncle Jake, he's always been the cool uncle, ready for some fun and not afraid to look like a kid or be reprimanded.

"Yeah, and thank God Nana was there to do some damage control, otherwise one of them would have ended up in the hospital." 

He gasps and then scoffs, feigning offence.

"Well, he's eighteen now. He can make his food and dress by himself. I'll only be needed to bail him out of jail without the both of you knowing." He taunts my mom, winking at me.

He's joking. Well, kind of, he says it as a joke but I know it's true.

He's that kind of uncle. Thank god, I am not that kind of nephew. 

I hope.

"Jesus Christ, Liam, we should have enrolled him on campus." My mom's hand finds my arm, pushing me to her as if she's ready to protect me from everything.

Sometimes she doesn't register I'm almost twice her size, now...

"I am not sure that would be the safest option, baby," he answers with a frown on his face.

Damn right, it wouldn't. 

"That's right," Uncle Jake chimes in. "Imagine all the drugs and parties he'd have access to with no adult supervising." 

"Somehow, I am not sure you can be accounted as an Adult supervisor," mom counters back.

And that's enough for me to crack up.

This never gets old, as much as Uncle Jake is the oldest of the two, he sometimes seems even younger than me in behaviour. 

And don't get me started on the trio: dad, uncle Jake and I can make Mom go crazy sometimes.

"Baby," She turns to me squashing my cheeks between her hands. "Promise me you'll stay out of trouble." 

"Of course mom, when did I ever put myself in trouble?" 

"Well, you better shut up about that, before you dig yourself a bigger hole." My dad fake glares at me and I roll my eyes.

Fine, I know I was a little... cheeky when I was younger, but Abby was always there to keep me on track.

Most of the time, anyway.

She was always able to bring my recklessness down a huge notch.

"And promise me," she lowers her voice down. "To always treat women right."