51- Whatever it takes

The cab door behind me slams shut, as I cross the road

The cab door behind me slams shut, as I cross the road. However, before I can enter the building before me, a big hand grabs my elbow.

"What are you doing here?"

Turning around, I come face to face with Dean again.

"The question here is, what are you doing here?"

"I've followed you from the hotel."

"Oh!" I exclaim. "So you saw the show? How someone is going to jail for something you and that other bitch are plotting about? Something that didn't even happen?"

"If you accept me back, I'll make her drop the charges," he smirks.

"So you were the one making her accuse Dylan? Good!" Jerking my arm away from his hand, I continue, "That tells me there's a way out of this. And I'll find it out. Just you wait!"

"Luna!"

"No fucking Luna for you," I snap. "Do not even dare speaking to me!"

Thank God there are other people here so he doesn't even try to manhandle me.

"Stay the fuck away from me, or I'll kill you with my bare hands." I seethe.

A couple of people stop, looking over at us but I am not even bothered by the little show we're making.

"You've fucked up my life, even my mother's. I will not stand by and see you fuck up someone else's. And surely not the man I love!"

I turn my back on him and thankfully, this time around he doesn't follow me back or call for me. The glass doors open, taking me into a big plain white room. On the far right side, there's a reception and I head there.

"Hello, I am here to visit Abbigail Turner," I tell the woman.

She has to have answers. This is probably some bullshit. If I put some sense into that hollow blonde head, she'll drop the charges.

"What's your name dear?" The woman at the reception asks me.

"Luna Abblesboom."

"And what is your relation to the patient?"

"I'm her friend," I lie - badly.<

The woman looks up from the computer screen with a frown on her face and pity on her eyes, "I am sorry dear, you're not family."

I am not. I even had to stalk Dylan's scarce social media and older posts to find her and her surname. After calling three different hospitals, I finally found the one she's in.

"I know, but she's not from here and I am her only friend. Let me just give her a little bit of comfort while her parents don't arrive."

Shit, that was a long shot. If her parents are here already, she'll see right through me.