48 - I love you

"Wait a fucking minute!" I yell, digging my feet to the pavement

"Wait a fucking minute!" I yell, digging my feet to the pavement. "I would never rape anyone. I would never touch any woman against their own will."

"You'll tell that to the judge," the officer mutters, trying to drag me down.

"MUM!" I yell.

She keeps crying into her hands, not even being able to move but I shout anyway, "You have to believe me!"

She has to believe me.

She starts crying harder into her hands and I don't know what to do. Does she believe me? She has to. Deep down I know she does.

Fuck. This is so fucked up.

The officer makes a noise, similar to a growl and yanks me, throwing me against the car hood. My head hits the metal panel, and I groan in pain.

"Dylan!" A familiar female voice sounds.

Any other day it'd be soothing but now it just makes me think I'm imagining things. It's Luna.

It can't be. She wouldn't be here in this exact shitty moment. She should have been there last night.

I'm hearing voices.

"Dylan!" She calls again. "What's wrong? What's happening?"

I snap my eyes open and struggle to straighten up, watching Luna run down the street. Somehow, I can't help but feel relieved she's here even if I don't want her to see me this way.

She's here.

"Baby," I mutter.

She'll believe me.

Just when she's about to reach me, her hands raised toward my face, the officer yanks me back. Fucking prick.

"I'm being accused of raping Abby," I growl, growing angry at this shit shot. "Can you believe this fucking madness?"

She stumbles back and her raised hands shakily lower from the position they were in.

"Baby," I call, growing nervous. "You don't believe this right? I was waiting for you, then Dean was the one answering the call instead of you. I... I..."

As she steps backwards, I try to stalk forward, towards her. Desperate to explain to her but the officer yanks me back, once again.

She couldn't possibly believe it, right? Everyone knows I would never.

Everyone fucking knows me.

"Luna, baby, you have to believe me. You know me, I would never do such a thing. Not after what my mother went through!"

She doesn't answer, taking back another step with wide eyes as one of her hands covers her gaping mouth.

"Luna," I struggle to get close to her. "I love you. Baby, I love you." I cry, desperate for her to believe me. "I would never fucking touch her, not even with consent. You have to believe me."