𝘴𝘢𝘪𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘪 𝘢𝘮 𝘯𝘦𝘸

𝘁𝘄𝗶𝗹𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁 - 𝗼𝗹𝗶𝘃𝗶𝗮 𝗿𝗼𝗱𝗿𝗶𝗴𝗼❝ do you want hangout, maybe we can make out ❞

❝ do you want hangout, maybe we can make out ❞

an auburn girl sat with her pencil in hand with notebook in lap, there were screaming kids around her but there was only two out of the 24 kids she had to worry about, the girl named nicolette went by nicole due to people saying her actual name weirdly.

        nicole had promised her next door neighbors, the gallagher's that she'd babysit their two daughters after they got back from school, nicole was 17 but she was already out of school. nicole never had to stress out about going to college because she had already set her hopes up for becoming a writer or some other job that didn't require her going to college.

        "you can't be here, you're a girl!" a boy scolded.

        nicole looked up to see lily, a gallagher, being pushed off the swings by a boy with greased hair. lily immediately ran towards nicole with her bloody elbow, the boy's mother did absolutely nothing but smoke a cigarette and laugh.

        "that boy pushed me!" lily pointed at the boy who was laughing with his friends.

        "it's alright, lily. how about we stop by the dx for some snacks and maybe we'll go get ice cream?" nicole asked, lily nodded with a smile. "good, now go get sarah and we're out of here."

        nicole stuffed her small notebook in her purse, waiting for lily and sarah to come back. a bunch of teens dressed in leather jackets and denim began running around the park, they were known as greasers who were obnoxious to society and people in general.

        lily had returned with her sister, they all climbed in the backseat of nicole's 1963 yellow mercedes. one of the hoods; dallas winston walked up to nicole with his smoke blowing into her face.

        nicole turned around in frustration, "can i help you?!"

        "how about you, me take this bad boy for a drive and a coke?" dally wiggled his eyebrows.

        "thanks but no thanks, get lost winston." nicole knew his rep. and his crimes from her father who was a well known police officer before he was shot to death while responding to a robbery scene by the bank, her father never saw the bad in dallas but did see what he has done in a cell.

        "tell your father i said "hello" and that i miss him." dally snickered, nicole slapped him hard across the face.

        "go to hell!" nicole slammed her door and drove off.

lily and sarah were already in the back playing patty cake with one another, nicole had her eyes on the road and sometimes would drift towards the rear-view mirror. they all made it to the dx but sarah ran off to the bathroom where lily had to go chase her.

"i'm gonna get gas but you go get your sister." nicole tells lily who nodded at all the words.

"well hello there pretty lady." a head popped out from the counter. "heard you were getting gas, name's sodapop curtis."

"nicolette bornsbay but most people call me 'nicole' for short." she told him.

"my friends call me soda, you can if you want but i ain't buggin' nobody." he chuckled. "ya know, you look a bit too young to be raising your own kids, not to offend you or anything."

"oh, they're not mine, i'm babysitting." nicole explained. "listen umm... i just came to grab a few snacks and gas, you guys have that or?"

"right! come with me." nicole then followed soda out of the dx to the pumps.

the two immediately got to talking, nicole explained how she grew up with an older brother but he had went off to war, soda told her all about his brothers and found the common use of brothers being around for help.

lily and sarah walked out of the dx with snacks in their arms, nicole urged them back inside to pay where soda was laughing his butt off. soda headed back inside where he helped scan the two girls snacks.

"don't worry, this one is on the house, including the gas." soda gave them his signature movie star smile.

"thanks soda." nicole grinned.

"ooo!" sarah singsonged. "soda and nicole, sitting in a tree-"

"k-i-s-s-i-n-g." lily, sarah, and even soda all sang.

"see even that pepsi-cola guy agrees." lily scoffs while talking to her sister.

"that's enough you two, we're going out for some ice cream and i'm taking you back to your parents." nicole stated.

"oh come on! they're gonna make us eat our string beans for dinner." sarah groaned, soda laughed at the girls arguing.

this sure was the start of something...