𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘧𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘥 𝘮𝘦

𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗻𝗱 𝗺𝗲 - 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗳𝗿𝗮𝘆❝ lost and insecure, you found me ❞

❝ lost and insecure, you found me ❞

        nicolette looked out the foggy window with a bright smile on her face as she watched the last passing trees of tulsa come by, it has been two years since she's been gone but she's back and better than ever.

        the one problem was how she was going to face soda, no letters were sent from him nor did he even return her letter, she would've been happy if he just wrote or returned her letter opened.

        little did she know, soda had already moved on from nicolette even though they haven't even called it quits yet, he found himself at buck's bar with two-bit and dally drinking it down every friday night as if they were going to die anyways.

        the train came to a halt, all passengers got off with their leather bags and arms around their lovers. nicolette walked out to no one around her, not even her mother who tried her best to keep in close contact with as war was still going on.

        nicolette urged a taxi over to her where she quickly placed her bag into the truck. closing the door like a city girl in bright lights, she sent the taxi to her mother's home since it was the place she got, nicolette had already sold her apartment and car before leaving for vietnam.

        getting out of the taxi was a painful experience, literally; nicolette didn't remember the last time she wore heels on pavement and she could get the full pain from her ankles.

        she gave the taxi driver a little goodbye before carrying her items up the stairs to her mother's colonial house, knocked on the glass to make it loud and clear that she was home for good.

        there, revealed a 5'6 woman with the same auburn hair as nicolette. "nicole?"

        "hi mama." nicolette squealed, they both shared a hug with a smile onto each other's shoulder.

        they pulled apart for a moment, tears in their eyes from missing each other too much. "come inside or you're going to freeze, i taught you better than to go outside in short sleeves during the winter." her mother scolded.

        "mama, is it alright if i crash for a while until i find another apartment?" nicolette asked while placing her bag on the ground.

        "of course, honey, stay for as long as you want." her mother smiled. "now tell me, how's that sodapop curtis doing?"

        "not sure, haven't talked to him since he left and i'm not sure if he wants to talk." nicolette frowned.

        "well bring him over for dinner, i sure would like to talk to him." her mother giggled before leaving nicolette alone in the living room. "i got a shift by the hospital but there's some spaghetti in the fridge, make sure to not go out that late, socs and greasers are getting pretty bad now."

        nicolette nodded as she watched her mom walk out that door. she got up from the couch and opened the small cabinet full of records, remembering that one family dance party she and her brother had a few months after their father died, marcus did it just to get nicolette to stop frowning all the time.

        one section had a full on elvis presley records, nicolette picked up a random one carefully, placed it onto the record player. nicolette dropped to her knees as soon as she hears her and soda's song play, it was just her dancing alone in the dark.

        she held the cover close to her chest in full on tears from having to listen to that one song she danced to with her significant other. nicolette knew deep inside she was still in love with sodapop but didn't know if he still felt that towards her.

he had already fallen out of love with her...