𝘸𝘦𝘴𝘵 𝘤𝘰𝘢𝘴𝘵

𝘄𝗲𝘀𝘁 𝗰𝗼𝗮𝘀𝘁 - 𝗹𝗮𝗻𝗮 𝗱𝗲𝗹 𝗿𝗲𝘆❝ i can see my baby swingin ❞

❝ i can see my baby swingin ❞

poor sodapop couldn't handle the breakup, even if it took place a month before, he could imagine nicolette already moving onto the next guy while he drowns his sorrows and broken heart with him locked in his bedroom.

he had already missed 14 days of work, if he counts in another day then darry would be damned, the gang tried cheering him up with the broads they pickup but all soda ever wanted was nicolette to be in his arms again and their lips touching with a smile breaking and entering.

"soda, ya got some mail!" darry called out from the screen door.

soda groaned as he dragged himself out of bed with him in his boxers and white t-shirt, hair was all messy in no greased condition. he yanked the envelope out of darry's hand and began ripping the flab, only to be greeted by a letter asking for him to be in the upcoming war between the u.s and vietnam.

"what's it say, buddy?" darry pushed him a little.

"they're asking me to go to war?" soda held the paper.

"oh soda, you know you've gotta go." darry stated unsympathetically.

"i haven't even talked to nicolette and they're asking me to go to war?! no, i'd rather go to jail than go to that hellhole." soda scoffed before throwing the letter back onto the ground and storm off to his bedroom.

"we're gonna have a talk about this! and you better cut the act because you've been like this since the day she left." darry pushed his door open.

"i ain't gon' talk, you can't make me go to war, you know what, why don't you go?!" soda sassed.

"one, i got bills to pay and two, i gotta take care of pony if nobody's around. use your head godammit!" darry scolded before slamming the door.

soda sat on his bed with his fingers running through his hair as he kept thinking about whether or not he should leave, after having his heart broken twice by two girls he thought he loved, one of them he still loved; nicolette.

pony had just gotten home from school but immediately closed the door to him and soda's bedroom after seeing two teardrops come down from soda's eyes. it was a final decision but soda had finally decided to just go to war for the hell of it, knowing he'll be able to see steve.

steve had already left for war three days, soda didn't even come by the train station to say 'goodbye', the last time he had talked to steve was his last presence at work which was two weeks ago.

the letter had stated that they wanted soda to leave monday morning, that was two days from where he was, meaning he had only two days to talk it out with nicolette. soda grabbed his duffel bag and began packing extras just in case, and even stuffed a pocket sized photo of nicolette in the small pockets of his bag.

he hid the bag in his closet before walking out of his room with a straight face, it was better than having a frown all day. darry was already prepping dinner for pony who still struggled on his academics.

soda took one quick look at pony's homework before telling himself he had no idea what was on his paper. he jumped onto the couch with his head resting on his palm with the tv screen brightening and blinding his eyes, darry was still cooking dinner.

soda didn't know when to tell his brothers he was going...