To Stop or Not To Stop

In front of you were five Fatui diplomats kneeling in respect and reverence. As the so-called 12th Harbinger as well as the well-known pet of Tsaritsa in Snezhnaya, it was clear that they would act with such formalities even if you were a runaway.

They had called you the daughter of the Tsaritsa but, that wasn't actually the case. You weren't her biological daughter but rather someone she decided to raise. Not as a child but rather as a weapon to exploit. She had found you surviving in the cold snow of Snezhnaya all alone and took you in. 

Unfortunately, you quickly learned that the kindness that she had shown you when she took you in was simply a farce. As an orphan with nowhere to go, she used that to her advantage and groomed you into her perfect little weapon pet. Thus earning you the unofficial name of The Tsaritsa's pet within the Fatui circle.

"I will return with you to Snezhnaya," your cold eyes stared at them. "However, I expect that the Acting Grandmaster of the Knights of Favonious will be returned safely."

"Of course milady," the female Fatui who had been the first to notice you replied.

"And where is she being kept," you questioned.

“She is being kept in one of our secret hideouts in Mondstat,” the partner of the female Fatui answered.

“I will have the traveler accompany you to receive the Acting Grand Master,” you ordered. “I will accompany you to Snezhnaya. As I said earlier, I expect you to return her safely. If you go against this order, I will have your heads.”

“Yes Lady y/n!”

Looking towards Lumine, you motioned for her to talk to you privately. You led her a little away from the Fatui as they waited for you there to receive your next orders.

“You should be fine when you go to get Jean,” you told Lumine. “I have quite the reputation with the Fatui. It’s known that the Tsaritsa favors me and that I am one of the strongest in Snezhnaya. They know not to get on my bad side. However, if they cause you any trouble, feel free to use my name in your defense. I have no doubt that you are strong enough to protect yourself but this is just in case.”

“Thank you,” Lumine put her hand on your shoulder. “You really didn’t need to take all this precaution. You’re being awfully kind especially since we’re turning you in. I feel horrible.”

“Don’t worry about it,” you grinned before waving her off.

Going up to the Fatui delegates, two of them stood up to guide you to where to go while one other walked towards your traveler friend to return Jean to her. Going your own ways, you steeled yourself in preparation for the Tsaritsa’s anger from your actions.

You and the two other Fatui made your way to a teleport waypoint and set your destination to the Tsaritsa’s palace in Snezhnaya. 

Before you started up the teleportation machine, you heard a loud caw. Looking up at the sky, a falcon suddenly started diving down to you before opening its wings and landing on your shoulder. Shocked, you stood still and waited for the falcon to leave. But to your surprise, rather than leaving, the falcon dug it’s talons into your shoulder refusing to leave.

“Y/N!” An awfully familiar voice called out your name.

~~~~~

Diluc continued to pace in his room, his restlessness eating away at him.

What could the reason behind your actions have been? Why did you do that? Were the moments that he had spent with you fake? Did you really have a reason for growing closer to him or was it all just on a whim?

"Master Diluc," the butler knocked on his door. "Do you by any chance know where Miss y/n could be? She had promised some of the maids here that she would hang out with them but we can't find her."

"She won't be here any longer."

A few minutes had passed before the door opened and there stood a gray hair butler bowing his head.

"Forgive me for my disrespect Master Diluc but might I ask for the reason behind Miss y/n's sudden disappearance. Many of the servants here are quite concerned."

"Why would you be concerned," Diluc sat down on a nearby seat and messaged his forehead.

"Ever since the miss didn't return with you, you had been off. Your actions have been quite unlike you."

Contemplating what his butler had said, Diluc replied, "It doesn't matter."

"Might this old man offer you some advice," the butler smiled. "Rather than leaving things broken like this, I suggest that you talk to her before she leaves. If you don't do anything, you may just come to regret it. Ever since Miss y/n had appeared, you had been like the old Master we had served before your father died. If you let her leave without questioning her for her actions, the hole in your heart will continue to eat you up from the inside out."

Diluc looked at him with skeptical eyes. Although he refused to admit it, Diluc knew that his butler's advice was correct. He couldn't just leave things as they were. He needed to know. He needed to know the whole story.

"Go on," the butler opened the door for Diluc.

"Thank you," Diluc jogged out of the mansion.

As soon as he was out, he whistled to call for his falcon Dawn. He had introduced you to Dawn not too long ago and the falcon who was infamous for being cold to anyone but Diluc immediately opened up to you to everyone's surprise. Diluc was confident that Dawn would still remember you.

"Buy me some time Dawn," Diluc raised his arm for Dawn to fly. "Look for y/n."

Diluc quickly ran to a teleport waypoint while Dawn flew towards the city. After Diluc made his way to the waypoint, he tried to teleport to the teleporter closest to the main entrance of the city. Unfortunately, it was being used so he had to teleport to the one on top of the tower. 

As soon as he teleported there, he immediately started gliding down towards the other teleporter. Right on top of that area, Dawn circled it a few times before suddenly diving down with a loud caw. It was a sign that Dawn had found you.

Landing on the ground after quickly gliding, Diluc ran up to you huffing.

"Y/N!" He yelled out.