Chapter 7

He felt someone holding him by the back of his waist. Dazai slowly regained consciousness, but he didn't open his eyes. He started feeling and listening to his surroundings. Pressure was felt upon his abdomen, and his limbs were dangling. He was positioned on a huge shoulder, one of his large arms holding onto the teenager's waist to keep him from falling.

There were two people exchanging voices, Dazai could hear that loud, but not clear. One being the man who held Dazai, the other being the mucho guy's partner walking in front of him. Judging from the crazy screaming and obnoxious loud music played around him, it seemed that Dazai was in some kind of a disco. But he knew better than that, because the air smelled like the ocean.

He slightly opened his eyes and lifted his head a little farther from the stinking back of Kigami's. The view before him kept on moving as Kigami walked, making him dangle a bit. Girls in a sexy attire and guys in casual ones flooded the place, some yelling over the music while the others dancing and having fun with drinks in their grip.

The place was large, large enough for over a thousand people. It had four stories. With all the shaking butts flooding the brunette's sight, he could barely get a glimpse of anything in the distant background, just a black old clocktower a distance away to his left.

But the music soon went softer and softer as the two culprits started walking down the stairs into the sublevels. Dazai didn't leave out any information. Judging from their dialogue, the big man's name was Kigami while the other's was Kyora.

Of course, neither of the enemies intended for him to wake up that soon, let alone get the chance to gather information through the surroundings. But he's not just some kid, he's Dazai Osamu, capable of taking his own heartbeat under his control. Back when he was cut on the hand, he slowed his heartbeat down, slowing down his blood circulation. He successfully lessened the impact of the poison on his body, causing the duration of the drug cut short, which allowed him to wake up before thrown into some isolated room without information to be gathered.

They walked down various staircases before they finally stopped. Sensing the zero in velocity, Dazai immediately closed his eyes. He was put down onto a large chair, wrists nailed down onto the armrest by steel cuffs fixated on its sides, and another larger cuff around his neck, keeping him tightly bound against the chair. But his body wasn't paralysed.

''Let's go get that guy.'' Footsteps went far after a rough voice was heard, but there wasn't any noise of closing metal doors. After making sure nobody could be sensed around him, Dazai opened his eyes.

No wonder there was no sound of closing doors. There was indeed a doorway, but it wasn't shut by a door, it was closed up by lasers. Rays of lasers beamed from one end to another of the doorway, creating a heat barrier, red glow ready to burn whatever passes through to nothing but ashes.

Dazai sat there in the room. It looked fancy. The yellow lights were slightly dim but red glow shone from the doorway, lighting it up a little more. Walls were painted black with a deer's head pinned onto one of them. There were hardly any furnitures except the chair he was sitting on, which was luxurious, similar to Mori's, and a vintage wooden table by the side of it.

The design was his taste, a bit too empty but black walls and a vintage table, dim yellow lighting, much giving out the vibes of a vintage themed cafe. Peaceful and quiet, yet surrounded by darkness, just like his state of mind.

Not long after, the beams went out. A white-haired adult paced into the room with widened eyes sparkling with excitement. ''Oh my oh my you look gorgeous my dear~ you look more handsome than in your profile~the perfect-looking teen with the perfect philosophy as his ability, how could the universe grant such superior existence to this mortal world ?''

The creepy pervert-face stretched his boney arms to his sides while he looked up to face the ceiling, like he had been blessed with the grace of god. His choice of words sent goosebumps all over the boy's skin.

Filthy lab-man looking like he hasn't bathed for centuries. Gross.

''Who are you ?'' Dazai glared his dark hazel eyes at the freak. ''Oh where did my formality go.'' He bent a little to adjust his eyes to Dazai's eye level and gracefully placed his hand on his own chest. ''I'm Tsuki Komisaki, the honoured scientist fated to help humanity understand more about the most unique ability on Earth.''

At this point, Dazai felt like he was treated like an alien who had been trapped on planet Earth.

Although the lasers went back up right after Tsuki walked through, it went out for the second time as Kigami and Kyora came in. ''Let me introduce, my helpers, Kigami and Kyora.'' Now Dazai could look at how the men looked like.

Oh, mucho pirate and white zombie.

''Aha you're in for some suffering, pretty boy. Tsuki-san here loves experimenting in a rather vicious way. Don't say I didn't warn you ,'' Kyora hummed in a slur as he made a sly smirk. To his surprise, Dazai chuckled with his eyes closed before he replied. ''So you think that I'm scared? Do I, look scared to you ?''

Indeed he didn't. He looked straight into the eyes of his foe with ice cold eyes, piercing the latter's soul as he responded with a slight curl at the corner of his lips. Dark aura surrounded him as Kyora instantly stopped being all cocky and instinctively stepped back.

''Now this lad is far more interesting than the one with anger issues ,'' Kigami commented. ''Hmm indeed. Now be a good boy will you? Stay here don't try anything, Dazai Osamu-kun ,'' Tsuki commanded and walked out the room with the other two after agreeing with Kigami.

*

''Enormous yacht... party... black old clocktower... west... Tsuki Komisaki... white hair... lab coat...'' Mori continued murmuring other random words as he stared at the numbers on the monitor. They were data, important intel, Dazai's heart rate to be exact.