Chapter 11

Chuuya grabbed the man's collar and threw him hard, making Tsuki bang against the wall. Hands gripped his collar once again, pinning him on the wall. ''Tell me how to turn off the lasers !!'' Tsuki looked afraid. The teenager before him was powerful, he was aware of that.

Chuuya punched him again. ''TELL ME !'' He punched him again. ''TELL ME !'' And again. ''TELL ME RIGHT NOW !'' Tsuki's nose was broken, his cheek bleeding. ''Okay, I'll do it m--myself, juz le--let me go ,'' he pleaded with surrender in his eyes.

''If you try anything, ANYTHING at all, you're dead ,'' Chuuya warned before he slowly let him go.

Tsuki limped across the room towards the control panels after getting beaten up badly by the boy. Chuuya watched as he pushed a button. ''Done ,'' Tsuki announced. Then he grinned when he quickly smashed another button. Siren started blaring through the entire place.

''WHAT DID YOU DO ?!'' Chuuya pulled Tsuki backwards forcefully, causing the latter to stumble and fall. The adult was chuckling devilishly. ''Do you think I would easily let go of my subjects? I'd rather have them die with me hehehe.'' Chuuya bent down and pulled the man closer to his face with both his hands.

''WHAT DO YOU MEAN ? WHAT HAVE YOU DONE YOU BASTARD ?!'' The adult continued chuckling before he whispered something. ''Toxic gas, in his room.'' He smirked. ''Better go hear his last words, boy.''

Chuuya's blue eyes widened in terror. He let go of the scientist and immediately ran downstairs. Tsuki's chuckling slowly turned into sadistic laughter behind him.

No, no, hang on Dazai, hang on !

*

The laser beams in front of him went out. Everything seemed to be going well. But shortly after, a hissing sound came from the vents above, inrushing white gas filled up the room. Dazai felt pain growing inside him. It was like thousands of insects munching on his organs.

He coughed violently, finding himself facing even more difficulty in breathing, eventually coughing up blood onto the floor. He chuckled lightly at the bottom of his heart.

So he's obsessive to this extent, huh.

He had predicted this possibility, the scientist dragging him along towards hell, one of the worse case scenarios. Then a certain memory flashed across his mind.

*FLASHBACK*

Dazai was resting his chin on the back of his hand, a wooden surface supporting his palm, while he flicked his finger against the glass before him with another hand. A high-pitched ding~ interrupted the short-lived silence in the bar.

''My ex used to do that ,'' Oda spoke beside Dazai. The 16 year-old turned to look at his recently new-found friend. ''Flicking on the glass ?'' He stared at Oda with his innocent and curious eyes. ''Yeah, why do you do that anyway ?'' Dazai smiled and turned back to his glass. ''It's amusing don't you think? It snaps you out of your thoughts, yet the echo always put you back to your dreams.''

Dazai's words lingered on Oda's mind while he took a sip of his drink. Then the brunet spoke. ''Odasaku.'' Oda turned to him. ''How does it feel like to be in love ?'' The red head was puzzled. ''Why are you curious about this all of a sudden ?'' Dazai smiled and shrugged without turning to look at him. ''Because I can't really understand this kind of stuff.'' ''You mean love ?'' Dazai turned to face him while he slightly smiled like something was on his mind. ''Emotion.''

Oda stared at him for a while before taking another sip of his drink. ''How do you know if you're in love...huh...'' He muttered Dazai's question. ''You feel attracted to them, you care and you wanna spend as much time with them as possible. Most importantly, when they seem to have romance between them and others, you get upset instead of feeling happy for them. That's what we call jealousy. There's a way to know right away if you have a crush tho.'' He turned around to meet Dazai's curious eyes again.

''Imagine someone kissing you.'' Dazai was confused as he blurted his response, ''Hmm ?'' Oda stared at him for a moment. ''Who was it ?'' ''No one.'' ''Well if you couldn't get your imagination to work in this case then you don't have a crush.'' Dazai got back to drinking. A minute of silence occured.

Then Oda spoke. ''But you're blushing Dazai, who was it ?'' The brunet pouted like a kid. ''Fineee it was the chibi. But that's impossible~'' He slurred. ''He's short and violent and loud and angry 24/7~'' ''But he's your crush ,'' Oda replied.

Okay that's one pretty nice punchline over there.

The brunet pouted again. He leaned onto the table as he fiddled the spherical ice floating in his glass.

*PRESENT*

Pain was everywhere, on the outside, and on the inside. Dazai could feel his consciousness creeping away from his feeble grasp. The room started getting darker, sinking into utter black.

But it wasn't the room, it was his vision.