III. To be yours

You confessed to (c/n) already, he is your dear friend but you also feel an attraction towards him. You told him last night, texting him that you like him.

He said he likes you too, but you dropped the topic fast, and he left you confused with what he respond.

After few weeks you asked him again. The two of you decided to hangout and went to (a cafe of your choice). The two of you are outside enjoying the heat and air, "Hey?" you started and took a sip on your (drink of your choice).

"Hey" he replied while doing something in his phone. You divert your eyes somewhere random, just to avoid meeting his.

"Do you really just want me to be your friend?" you asked and placed your hand under your chin and stare at the people who walks by as if you're interested, you give your drink a swirl. You sensed that he stopped whatever he is doing with his phone.

He let out a sigh and you knew from that moment that the two of you got no chance, you never had a chance. Your eyes trailed to people as they pass by you.

The cool wind touches your skin and made your hair flow and your skin glows under the sun. "Wait, I'll just finish this." He said and go back to do his phone.

You heart ached but you have thought about the worst case scenario, you just want to go right now. And at that moment, the bell saved you. Your phone started ringing, startling you from your own thoughts.

You look at the caller and saw your mom's name. You placed your drink at the table and stood up and walked away then answered the phone call. "Hey mom." you answered, "Go home" she said, as if sensing what you are feeling as of the moment.

"Why?" you asked, feeling someone's eye behind you. You look back and saw (c/n) staring at you. You went back to the call, and your mom said, "There's an emergency, I want you home now." with that she hung up the call.

You walked back to the table and placed your phone in your pocket and  took your bag. "I'm going now, mom said there's an emergency at home." you told (c/n), still staring at you and as he listens to your cold voice he gave a nod. He is looking for something from your face.

"Alright." he said, and you started walking away, but as you go, you felt a hand in your arm and you turned around and saw (c/n). "Yes?" you asked, he went quiet for almost like a minute, his mouth opens and closed as if hesitating what to tell you.

"I don't need an answer right now." you smiled then placed your hand on top of his and removed it. You began to walk away again, rushing to go home because you are worried about your mom and whatever it is happening to your house.

"I'll take you home!" you heard (c/n) shouted. He tried to catched up to you and lead you to his car. He drove fast, sensing your worry.

After few minutes, both of you are now in front of your house. You rushed to remove the seatbelt and went to the door. As you opened it with fear in your eyes, you are surprised with a confetti that popped and is now falling down.

"I'm home (Y/n)" he said, your childhood friend said.

---

Part 2 will be up.