Chapter 23

I stirred in my sleep from the sunlight shining on my eyes, then I turned on the other side to avoid the sunlight. It didn't work because now someone gently brushing through my hair. I slightly opened my eyes to see Kai who was now wide awake and was staring at me with his gentle expression.

"How long have you been awake?" I asked Kai with my still sleepy voice.

"Probably for about thirty minutes I didn't want to wake you up because I wanted to cherish the moment," Kai said. I didn't answer because I wanted to lie in the bed some more and probably catch another five minutes of sleep.

"When is the breakfast?" I asked. Since we were staying at the Royal palace we are bound to have breakfast with Kai's parents.

"Oh, we both overslept breakfast since my parents like to eat at eight in the morning," Kai answered, then I anxiously sat up.

"Is it okay to miss breakfast with your parents?"

"My parents will understand our situation, considering this was our first wedding night," Kai answered. It's more likely they will misunderstand what we did during our wedding night that caused us to oversleep.

"I'll go take a shower." Then Kai hummed in disappointment.

"Why are you in such a hurry? Isn't it better to just stay here?" Kai purred.

"If I stay here in bed with you, we would probably miss our lunch," I answered as I grabbed the clothes that I'm going to wear and headed to the bathroom.

I took a shower, did my skincare routine. I wanted to do light make-up but my make-up bag is still in the suitcase. Before the wedding, I had to pack another suitcase so I would have something to wear the day after the wedding. I left my skincare product in the bathroom, but I've forgotten about my makeup.

Well, my skin will have a nice vacation.

Then I changed my clothes. I wore light-colored tapered pants accompanied by a pastel yellow satin blouse.

Once I've left the bathroom, I saw that Kai already changed his clothes as always, he wore the suit and the food trolley awaited us.

"The breakfast is here," Kai informed me. Then he moved the trolley next to the dining table.

On the food trolley, there are various options. There was a pot of coffee, a teapot of the breakfast tea, and a teapot of green tea. I poured myself the breakfast tea, and Kai opted for the coffee.

Looks like for breakfast we will be eating the English breakfast.

"I'm wondering, wouldn't we be eating too much since we will have lunch soon?" I asked Kai while I looked at the various breakfast appetizers options.

"No, since we will have either dinner or late lunch because we will move to our residence," Kai informed and I just looked at him.

Already? I hope Emperor and Empress won't mind the fact that we are leaving the palace without seeing them.

We peacefully ate our breakfast and then I packed my suitcase. Kai helped me to carry my suitcase until one of the palace's staff offered to carry it. Outside of the palace, there was already a pod waiting for us.

"I guess pod is the main transportation for the royal family?" I asked Kai and he nodded.

"Indeed it is since the pod is very efficient transport for traveling," Kai answered. It's probably is since the pod is the only flying transport in the siren's sub-dimension since we have portals and there is no need for airplanes.