Chapter 51

Back to Evelyn's P.O.V:

I just wanted to take a walk inside the chateau since my mind seemed to be occupied with a lot of things.

Suddenly, I saw Aaron coming towards me. Before I knew it he hugged me. I was engulfed with his scent and I could feel the wool material of his sweater. I was very confused even though we started getting along with each other better, I still felt very awkward when he was hugging me.

I touched his back to make it seem that I was returning the hug.

"What happened? It is rare for you to hug me like that." I asked while I also made a joke.

"I found what you went through." Aaron quietly muttered. I didn't get what he meant.

"What are you talking about?" I asked him.

"I know that Damien rejected you." He whispered to make sure no one was eavesdropping on the conversation.

I was shocked. Not only that Aaron finds out about but the reason why he decided to come to me and hug me. I didn't know that he had such a caring side to him.

"Who else knows about it?" I softly asked.

"Eric but I will ask him to keep it a secret if you want." Aaron answers.

"Good."

Aaron releases me and decides to tease me to change the topic.

"Looks like your husband has been feeding you very well. You are no longer thin as a stick." I could only snort at his reply and his choice of the topic to switch to.

"Is this how you talk to your eldest and pregnant sister?" I decided to rebuke him and then Aaron's expression looked confused.

"Pregnant?" He asked.

"Didn't our father tell you about it?" I asked and he shook his head.

"Well, it doesn't matter. I hope your husband is treating you well since you are carrying his child." Sometimes I get suspicious that Aaron forgets that I'm the oldest and he assumes the older and protective brother.

I sigh. I wish that I wasn't mean to him when I came back. Though Stella struck a jackpot when she found a soulmate who didn't reject her and has a kind personality.

"Don't worry is treating me very well." At first, Kai didn't show his excitement since he didn't know if I was going to keep the child or not.

But now he would always make sure that I'm not overworking and that I'm not suffering from the symptoms of pregnancy. He also started doting on me more often.

"That's good." Aaron smiled at me.

"How is your relationship with Stella?" I asked him.

"At the moment we are taking slow steps but now are feeling growing stronger," Aaron informs me.

"That's great, I'm happy for you."

Then Kai suddenly opens a door and takes a look.

"Now I was wondering who was chatting in the hallways. I thought you were going on the walk, Evelyn?" Kai says with a smile.

Then Kai greeted my brother and Aaron greeted Kai back.

"I planned to but I met Aaron," I told Kai.

Kai chatted with me a little bit more.

"All right, I won't interrupt your chat. Also, it started raining, if you plan to go outside make sure to wear clothes that will protect you from rain if you plan to go outside." Kai reminded me.

"I will." I smiled and then Kai closed the door.

"I hope he isn't possessive nor does he get easily jealous," Aaron says in a quiet voice and I chuckle.

"Don't worry he is treating me very well," I answer.

Since I married Kai and he never displayed an over-possessive behavior. Of course, every man gets jealous but he never blamed me for his jealousy. He would always voice his concerns and I would answer him honestly.

Though he tends to be clingy if I don't pay enough attention to him. Usually spending more time with him or sex makes him less clingy.

I heard that sirens tend to be clingy with their significant other because their significant other isn't marked. After marking, sirens become more relaxed.

I chatted with Aaron for a little bit and then decided to take a walk inside the chateau.

I wouldn't mind going for a walk in my wolf form but it's raining and I get less and less of a need to shift in my wolf form.

In a few minutes I came back.