Chapter 24

Two months have passed since we got married and now I got used to Kai's busy schedule and now I don't mind him going on the business trips. I guess, therefore, Kai suggested working on a degree, so I can also have something to work on while Kai is away.

Since I've gained a degree in Business Management from Richmond university, this time I pursued a master's in Economics since I'm interested in how the economy works in Nauloria. I've found a professor which thesis interested me and Kai helped me arranged the education plan with the professor.

Now I was given a list of books that I've should read to familiarize myself with economics and how the economy works in Nauloria.

Not only focused on studying economics, but I was interested in learning other topics like politics and sociology. Regarding learning those topics, I asked Kai for his book recommendation.

Kai was surprised to hear my request, but he supports my idea of learning about Nauloria through books. He gave a lot of recommendations regarding the reading material that I can find in the library that is in our residence.

Currently, I was on the 6th floor. The entire floor has belonged to the library and on this floor, there was Kai's office, but now he is currently absent.

Studying in the library is my favorite place to study. Not only are there is a lot of books I can access but it's also very equipped with computers and printers. Also, the library had a database of the books we own which makes it easier to search for the book I need.

Being the wife of the prince, I have the privilege to order books I need and adding them to the database.

"Reading 'Difference between human and siren social development' I thought you fully dedicated to studying economics," Kai commented. I was into reading the so I didn't detect Kai's presence.

"I thought you had a meeting in the Royal Palace? I was done with the assignment so I decided to read something different." I answered Kai as I looked him in the eyes.

"The meeting was short. Perhaps you don't mind taking the break and we could eat out in the restaurant of your choosing." Kai recommended, but I shook my head.

"Sorry, but I need to attend the charity ball in the evening as part of my responsibilities as the princess," I explained to Kai.

As the new princess of the Nauloria Empire, I don't have very important responsibilities but I do have basic responsibilities to attend social events. Since I'm pursuing a master's degree my responsibilities can increase depending on my progress.

Since the wedding was received very well by the public the Empress bestowed me of responsibility of making the public appearances so I can increase the popularity and interest of the Royal family little by little.

" I almost forgot that you need to attend the event." Kai couldn't attend the event because he wasn't scheduled to attend, thus he isn't prepared to attend.

Though looking at his face, he contemplates if he should attend or not.

"Your highness, you need to complete your paperwork." Kai's assistant Allen Hadley said and Kai sighed in disappointment.

"Looks like I can't attend the charity ball with you." Kai apologized before he kissed me on my forehead and headed to his office with his assistant that is carrying the stack of paperwork.

After reading for few minutes I looked at the clock and decided it was time to prepare for the ball so I headed to my room.

Before my make-up artist and stylist attend, I prepped my skin before they will put the makeup on my face.